Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

modage

Quote from: GhostboyHoly shit, this movie is going to rule.
yeah, you're right.  either 1.) this movie needs to stop ruling, or 2.) other movies neednt bother even coming out next year because this is going to rule them all right off the planet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

FooBoy

I'm sure it will be great. As soon as I heard Nolan was directing, I had some hope, but until now I've been put off by the fact that it's a sequel. Now that I realise it's the rebirth of the franchise (which I'd been hoping they would do, but never thought the studio's would have to balls to start from scratch), I have much more hope for the film, and Nolan will be free to start fresh, rather than be restricted by the trashy films before it. Looks like this will be a much more mature and thoughtful interpretation.
->FooBoy

Pubrick

batman has a history of being reborn almost every decade, this looks to be by far the coolest yet. thanks to our cool generation.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Scan from Entertainment Weekly:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

That sure looks like some good casting.  :)   A good way for non-comic fans to see who's playing what character.

That is some awesome comic artwork as well.

bonanzataz

i don't like that when any time studios need an older black man in an important role, morgan freeman is ALWAYS cast.

i guarantee you that after this movie, whenever somebody needs a creepy chinese man, they will go to ken watanabe.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Derek

This movie might lose Freeman his crown of "The King Of Phoned-In Performances."
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

El Duderino

i'd like to see Cillian Murphy kick some ass
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Ghostboy

Man, that Batmobile sounds kinda like the one in The Dark Knight Returns. Exciting.

And that logo is brilliant.

Just Withnail

Total isolation from the previous outings is what that logo shows. Brilliant indeed. Classy.

Ghostboy

Someone sent some photos of some Batmobile to AICN, claiming it's the one from the upcoming film, but I don't buy it for a second. Mainly because it looks incredibly shitty.

modage

yeah they printed FAKE on them a few hours later after they confirmed they were not real.