Criminal

Started by El Duderino, August 05, 2004, 07:26:19 PM

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Such a shitty ending, I must say.  What is Mesh talking about up there, I counted one cross total.  Not even a startling cross.

Still, shitty ending aside, this movie had the acting capacity to entertain.  John C. and Diego are entertaing, without a doubt.  The jokes wore thin, but they were a breed of jokes that aren't typical, so in the end I felt completely satisifed.  Repated viewings might make me feel different, but as of now I rank it as a genuinely enjoyable film.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

I'm always the top of the fucking page.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Redlum

I just saw this and have to agree that the obligatory heist/card trick twist ending really spoiled what was a fairly enjoyable movie.

Cut to black, rollcredits, on the wide shot of Diego sat on the bus!!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

grand theft sparrow

I haven't seen Nine Queens but I've seen too many of these movies.  Either they're getting lazy with covering up the double/triple crosses or I'm just able to figure out who exactly is playing whom five minutes into it based on the relationships.  I didn't figure out why until towards the end but I figured out who was going to get screwed right off the bat.  Same shit with Matchstick Men.  Not a poorly made film but goddammit, don't make it so obvious.

*looks at DVD rack, pulls Sydney off the shelf and puts it in player*

Kal

Trust me. You cant tell in Nine Queens. It's very well done for real and the actors do a good job. It's also very different and more real than this one.

I hate fucking Remakes, especially when they dont even care about making it... (not like Scorsese with The Departed)