House of Flying Daggers

Started by El Duderino, May 20, 2004, 08:02:30 PM

evaderhead

Quote from: peteI heard from some Chinese paper that from the first press screening, them journalists weren't too impressed.  the observation was that the film moved at such a fast paced, that people didn't even know it's over until it was over, and that there was only some scattered applause in the end.
hope them's lying.  but the fight in the bamboo forest looks like it's trying a bit too hard.

not lies....Do you know what kinda status now Zhang Yimou is in?He's been tring to make a 2nd-class story artistic...yeah we can see visually beutiful scences but it couldn't make up to the bad storytelling...and from a chinese cultural point of views,some parts of that film are even stupid...
You'll see me one more time if you do good,
and you'll seeme two more times if you do bad.

pete

you should read my review of the film several posts down from that post.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

evaderhead

pete

was that from a Chinese cultural point of views?
- Buster Keaton

evaderhead

the girl "died" three times in that film...almost everyone in the theatre laughed, that's a silly joke we always talk about here...
and many stupid lines...

pete

well, then those dirty chinamen should go back to their nike factories and make me some shoes instead of laughing at cinematic art.
- Buster Keaton

evaderhead

Quote from: petewell, then those dirty chinamen should go back to their nike factories and make me some shoes instead of laughing at cinematic art.
Is that a kinda threat?
what's the big deal about people laughing at a funny scene in the cinema...cinematic art is another thing...cause I can't find much art in that part, not even moving...

pete

then maybe you should try opening your slanty eyes and stop being so smog because you're driving a BMW 7 series now.

PS. Falun Dafa is the truth!
- Buster Keaton

evaderhead

Quote from: petethen maybe you should try opening your slanty eyes and stop being so smog because you're driving a BMW 7 series now.

i don't get it , didn't you say that film"sucked"?

hedwig

Quote from: evaderhead
Quote from: petethen maybe you should try opening your slanty eyes and stop being so smog because you're driving a BMW 7 series now.

i don't get it , didn't you say that film"sucked"?

stop it.

cine

Hedwig, don't interfere. This is like Asian flirting.

evaderhead

I'm not flirting anything.I didn't mean to start any arguing.
Quote from: petewell, then those dirty chinamen should go back to their nike factories and make me some shoes instead of laughing at cinematic art.
was that my problem?that's harsh!

Stefen

Quote from: evaderheadI'm not flirting anything.

LOL
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

man , sickfins was definitely missed on this weekend.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks