The Most POPULAR SONG Known To Man?

Started by Gabe, May 17, 2005, 09:35:08 PM

Gabe

Considering how long we as humans have been listening to music, I am wondering what the most popular song in history might be? In this case I'm asking in terms of recorded music, but another question I might ask is what is the single most recognizable melody or tempo since we've adapted  our ability to interpret sounds?

In American History, perhaps one of the most popular tunes ever is the Happy Birthday song , but who knows? Well, since I'm proposing this question on this site, my assumption is that perhaps one of you does.

cowboykurtis

"YEA" Usher featuring Lil' John.

They've been listening to that since the Baroque Era.
...your excuses are your own...

Stefen

they play that at barbeques here too. It is popular. good choice.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Did you know that the Birthday Theme is copyrighted?

You could always just do the "Birthday Song" that was sung for Mini-Movies in Upright Citizen's Brigade...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

I love it when pretentious threads are saved by xixaxers.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Gabe

Quote from: peteI love it when pretentious threads are saved by xixaxers.
LOL

And the Question went into XIXAX history- UNANSWERED.

Also I'm beginning to think that PRETENTIOUS just means your too lazy to think about it.

socketlevel

the two most played songs on radio are "stairway to heaven" and "November Rain"  but i guess it depends on if you mean total amount of times a song has played, or the total amount of time people have been listening to the song.  in the case of these two songs they might have played as much as other greatest hits, but since they're so long in length they've had more airtime.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Myxo

Who remembers that fucking Bryan Adams song from Robin Hood?

"Everything I do.. I do it for you.."

*cuts wrists*

Pubrick

macarena.

before macarena.. East 17 - House of Love.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Mary Had a Little Lamb or Silent Night.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

jtm

Quote from: Pubrickmacarena.

:shock:  i've never met anyone who likes that song.  i think ur confusing "popular" with "overplayed"

MacGuffin

Quote from: JaruebiConsidering how long we as humans have been listening to music, I am wondering what the most popular song in history might be?

Quote from: Jaruebibut another question I might ask is what is the single most recognizable melody or tempo since we've adapted  our ability to interpret sounds?

The Final Jeopardy Question theme.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: Jaruebiwhat is the single most recognizable melody or tempo since we've adapted  our ability to interpret sounds?

The Jaws theme and the Psycho shower scene music.