Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

MacGuffin

And on 2/13, Warner is releasing the first four discs in a new Director's Showcase line (SRP $19.97), featuring new transfers, audio commentaries and new bonus materials. The first titles will include Neil Jordan's The Butcher Boy, Federico Fellini's Ginger & Fred, Tony Richardson's The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Nicolas Roeg's Performance.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

MacGuffin

Re-Animator Revived
The beloved sci-fi/horror flick double dips.

On March 20, 2007, Anchor Bay Entertainment will release Re-Animator on DVD. The double dip of H.P. Lovecraft's highly sought after sci-fi/horror/comedy will surely feature tons of bonus materials and extra features. It will be available for the MSRP of $24.98.

The Re-Animator DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Brand-new remastered transfer, approved by director Stuart Gordon
Audio Commentary with Director Stuart Gordon
Audio Commentary with Producer Brian Yuzna and Actors Bruce Abbott, Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton and Robert Sampson
New 70-minute featurette: "Re-Animator Resurrectus"
Interviews with Director Stuart Gordon, Producer Brian Yuzna, Writer Dennis Paoli, Composer Richard Band and Fangoria Magazine editor Tony Timpone
Music Discussion with Composer Richard Band
Deleted and Extended Scenes
Theatrical trailer
TV Spots
Production Stills, Behind-The-Scenes, Posters & Advertising, Storyboard and Fun-On-The-Set galleries
Stuart Gordon Bio
Screenplay (DVD-ROM)
"Herbert West, Reanimator" by H.P. Lovecraft (DVD-ROM)

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Neil

I hear alot of stuff about this, but I've actually never watched anything relating to it at all, what is it?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Fox has announced a Big: Extended Edition and a That Thing You Do: Tom Hanks' Extended Cut for release on 5/8 (SRP $19.98 each). Big features 25 minutes of new footage added back into the film, the Big Brainstorming audio documentary, 8 deleted and extended scenes, 4 featurettes (including Backstory: Big, Carnival Party Newswrap, Big Beginning and The Work of Play), the Chemistry of a Classic documentary, and trailers and TV spots. That Thing You Do features 39 minutes of additional footage added back into the film, 5 featurettes (including Making That Thing You Do, The Story of the Wonders, The Wonders: Big in Japan, That Thing You Do Reunion and That Thing You Do Title Song Submissions), the HBO First Look: The Making of That Thing You Do episode, and trailers and TV spots.

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

wasn't that thing you do long enough?

what the fuck? why can't that shit be special features anymore? fuck movies that are too long.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

grand theft sparrow

I get when they add 15-20 minutes to movies like 40 Year Old Virgin because it's just more jokes, or in the case of Anchorman where they compiled all the material from a subplot that was dropped.

But I never wished there was more of Big, as much as I enjoyed the movie as a kid.  And That Thing You Do was never good enough or bad enough that an extra 40 minutes would help it.

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 29, 2007, 09:40:53 PM
fuck Tom Hanks movies that are too long.

Ravi

Sony released some extended editions a while back.  Tears of the Sun, A Knights Tale, The Replacement Killers.  Maybe a few others.   I think they're just reinserting deleted scenes into the film with little motivation except a double dip.  Notice that Big doesn't say "director's cut" or anything like that.  Its just an "extended edition."

Redlum

Shouldn't there be some kind of campaign against this sort of thing? In some ways its worse than colourisation.

If it's done with seamless branching and the option to select orginal/extended then fair enough but you have to be concerned about the legacy and integrity of these films for future generations. Yes! Even the legacy of "That Thing You Do". Okay, maybe not that one. But definately Big!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ravi

Roots is being reissued on DVD tomorrow.  Best Buy has the worst bonus disc ever.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ravi on May 21, 2007, 02:24:22 PM
Roots is being reissued on DVD tomorrow.  Best Buy has the worst bonus disc ever.

:ponder:

While I was waiting on my oil change at Wally World the other day, I saw the two Hanks mentioned above and these as well:

I'm waiting for Fletch Lives...

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ravi

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6457771.html

Warner celebrates Jazz Singer with 80th anniversary edition
Classic 1927 film was the first to have synchronized dialog
By Laurence Lerman -- Video Business, 7/9/2007

JULY 9 | On Oct. 16, Warner Home Video will debut the DVD of the studio's 1927 landmark movie The Jazz Singer, which was the first feature-length film to have synchronized dialog and musical sequences.

The Al Jolson-starring title will be issued in a three-disc 80th Anniversary Collector's Edition that contains, among other things, a restored and remastered version of the film featuring a refurbished soundtrack, a collection of period cartoons, shorts and rare Vitaphone comedy and music pieces, a handful of early sound era shorts and the newly produced feature-length documentary The Dawn of Sound: How Movies Learned to Talk. The package will carry a list price of $39.98.

The Jazz Singer "is going to be one of the landmark releases for 2007," said WHV's senior VP of theatrical catalog marketing George Feltenstein, who's particularly proud of the new documentary.

"The story of the emergence of sound and its early days is such a fascinating one," Feltenstein said. "There were competing technologies, competing studios, lots of egos and differences in public taste and perception. Sound familiar?"

tpfkabi

while reading up on Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair on Amazon i came across all of these other titles about to come out:

new edition of Taxi Driver
40th anniv edition of The Graduate
(both with what seem to be a lot of new extras)

this along with some current films first releases and the new editions of Leone and Kubrick films is about to break my bank account!

and i'm sure i missed some more.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on August 05, 2007, 02:24:30 PM
40th anniv edition of The Graduate

Fox is preparing an 11 September release of The Graduate: 40th Anniversary Edition. This iconic film starring Dustin Hoffman and the incomparable Anne Bancroft as Mrs. Robinson will have a new anamorphic widescreen transfer, both the original mono track and an upgraded Dolby Digital 5.1 sound mix, two commentary tracks – one with Dustin Hoffmann and Katherine Ross, and the other with director Mike Nichols and fellow director (and fan) Steven Soderbergh – a new retrospective documentary on the film and its influence, two new featurettes, two old featurettes, some screen tests, and the film's theatrical trailer. And not to be outdone, this edition comes with a four-song Simon & Garfunkel soundtrack CD. SRP is $24.98.

Skeleton FilmWorks