Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

Thrindle

Classic.

Pubrick

that's what i've been saying for 18 pages.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrickthat's what i've been saying for 18 pages.

And yet, after 5000 posts, it's still going on.

I kid, I kid.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

meatball

Why hasn't anybody asked you anything for so long, Thrindle?

Thrindle

Quote from: MeatballWhy hasn't anybody asked you anything for so long, Thrindle?
Because I became the Xixax Bennifer.
Classic.

meatball

Quote from: Pubrickdude, cytherea is faking it.

Funny. Nobody else really got it, though.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: MeatballWhy hasn't anybody asked you anything for so long, Thrindle?

Is that to assume that anyone really liked Ben Affleck or Jennfier Lopez before or after their relationship?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus
Quote from: Thrindle

Is that to assume that anyone really liked Ben Affleck or Jennfier Lopez before or after their relationship?
Annoying and overexposed is what I meant.  I never said anything about being likeable.
Classic.

meatball

Nikki, what are you favorite games?

should  i cut my hair

Reinhold

why am i so fascinated by m's avatar.

in forming your response, which will surely cite freud, please note that i did recently take up cigar smoking avidly.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Thrindle

Quote from: mNikki, what are you favorite games?
Wow, I actually had to think about this.  All I could come up with, was the fact that I always lose!  I mean, I used to play cards with my sister (crib, gin, rummy) and half way through I'd cry and throw the deck at her.  haha.  
I like Yahtzee, but I lose at that too.  I have no luck.

Quote from: 03should i cut my hair
First impulse was to say no.  But then I thought about it, I think it would be kind of hot (for lack of a better word).

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwhy am i so fascinated by m's avatar.
No need for Freud.  It's the gentle pumping motion man.  Hypnotic really.
Classic.

Thrindle

I'm gonna use my own thread to exploit myself...

So...  I'm at the bar tonight and I meet this guy.  Yeah, he's cute, but I'm not interested because most cute guys are tardos anyways.  So he tells me he's in film school... I"m like "hell yeah, let's giver" (in my head of course).  Ok, so buddy didn't know a thing.  We all know on Xixax that I'm more of a personality than anything... I've NEVER claimed to be a cinephile.  Dudes... He had never heard of John Cassavetes... he liked Magnolia but hadn't seen anything else PTA...

What is wrong with the world when Thrindle, aka Nikki, schools some film school dude at film?  This isn't right.  

(bed now... no more alcohol fueled ranting)
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ThrindleHe had never heard of John Cassavetes... he liked Magnolia but hadn't seen anything else PTA...

He's one of those guys who calls himself a "movie buff" probably.  There's a huge gap between cinephiles and buffs.  Cinephiles are usually elitist because they have acquired tastes, and buffs are elitist out of necessity to seem like a cinephile... The way you'll know you're talking to a really film lover is if they don't bring it up until later in the conversation.  It's not that they're ashamed of being one, they just think that generally, the other person wouldn't be able to contribute to cinema discussion.

Onto a question...

Hey, how are you doing?

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus¥¥¥Hey, how are you doing?
Fine thanks, and you?
Classic.