Canon XL-H1

Started by Ravi, September 19, 2005, 11:34:34 PM

Ravi

http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/09/14/canon.xl.h1.camcorder/

Canon unveils high definition XL H1 3CCD Camcorder
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 @ 8:05pm

Canon has debuted the XL H1 Camcorder, its latest 1080i HD lightweight camera with Cine controls and the ability to capture at 24 frame shooting mode. The Canon XL H1 offers a newly developed high definition lens, three 1.67 megapixel 16:9 native CCDs, and a new Digic DV II image processor. Other features include professional external camera control (CCU), six image custom presets, still image capture capability to SD cards, a PAL compatibility upgrade option, HDV recording capability, and much more. The Canon XL H1 is expected to be available in December.

Ghostboy

This looks like a pretty nice camera. It's not true 24p, which is sorta annoying. On the plus side, the ouput possibilities are really nice. But then again, there are Panasonic and JVC cameras that also record HDV coming out within the next two months that are about four grand cheaper and have most of the same features.

I'll wait a while before I invest in HDV. I'm about to upgrade from my old XL-1 to a DVX-100a, a model that itself is about to be eclipsed, but at least its technology is stable and not advancing every thirty seconds. A friend of mine bought the new Sony HDV camera seven months ago and it's already completely outdated.

Pubrick

it also features the ability to make u instantly broke.
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

QuoteThe XL H1's Clear Scan feature lets you match the scan rate of the camera to the scan rate of computer monitors, thereby eliminating the horizontal band effect from monitors included in your shot.

that's cool

Quote from: Pubrickit also features the ability to make u instantly broke.

nigga pleeeez. now, yeah, but this'll be a doorstop in a couple years. it'll still be a good camera, too. wait a daaaamn minit, son.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

The best thing to do would be to wait for a few more of these to hit the market and let them duel it out in comparative reviews.  In the next 2 years a camera will probably come out that will have many of the important features.  

Plus, you'd need a ton of hard drive space to edit the footage yourself anyways.  And that gets cheaper all the time.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pubrickit also features the ability to make u instantly broke.
This is why I'm still using my Sony DCR-TRV130. If I upgraded, though, I'd probably go Panasonic.

cowboykurtis

they have an upgrade for those who already own an xl1 - a can of black spraypaint
...your excuses are your own...

killafilm

The new Panasonic HVX200 is going to be DVCPro HD not HDV.  And it will have true 24P, with 1080P in a 1080i signal.  Plus 720P among other formats to shoot in.

I think the Cina-Gamma in the DVX-100a makes it less video like than other comparable cameras.