After The Sunset

Started by MacGuffin, August 29, 2004, 07:09:53 PM

ono

Quote from: CinephileOno, it was a joke. I know you and I were the only ones in the theatre and you wanted to... you know. I get it. I just thought it was the wrong place at the wrong time.
Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: Weak2ndActWho's the bastard that sticky-ed this thread?
Quote from: Conan is da manWhat in the world?!
Doi-yoi-yoi-yoi-yoing!

(Consider this a reply to either Cine's or Fernando's post.)

modage

why are you a mini-mini-mac?  does that mean youre a mini-me?  or a 2nd generation micro mac?  because i'm apparently anti-mac, so if you're mini me, shouldntyou be mini-anti-mac?  and why are you any of these things because you dont seem like a mini me or a micro mac?  what did i miss?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

jealousy in the 'ranks', so to speak?

ono

Quote from: themodernage02why are you a mini-mini-mac?
I'm really the miggida miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy.  I'm gonna make you jump jump.  All I know is it had something to do with saltines, film school, and a Radiohead song gone horribly, horribly wrong.

SiliasRuby

I never imagined this thread would reach three pages....But the xixaxers have done it. Yay for us.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Recce

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, After the Sunset. Back to the subject at hand, I saw it today, which was opening day, I guess.

This may contain spoilers, I don't know yet, I'll see where it goes.

I had been looking forward to it, especially since its Ratner and I really liked red dragon, but I was really disappointed. Its full of stupid jokes and plot turns. Its completely ridiculous. It is nowhere near Thomas Crowns caliber, for those who were comparing. It seemed to be trying really hard to be a touch oceans eleven or any of the other repetitive yet all so entertaining thief movies that have come out over the years, but it fell seriously short. Woody Harelson has completely lost all acting ability, I blame the alcohol. And selma blair, who I've seen be a pretty decent actress from time to time, is really only around to get undressed like twenty times in the hour and forty minutes. Count it, its like once every five minutes.

As far as the actual robbing, it was sad. There was no...flair to it. Everything was so obvious and was obviously just set up in the script so that they could lead the story in a particular direction. As far as Don Cheadle, he had a sad and all too underused part. He was supposed to be the bad ass on the island, but...he wasn't. And he's such a great actor, too. They should have used him more. His character was jsut a means to an end. Its like they wrote the script and went: 'Dammit, we need a subplot. What do we do? DON CHEADLE!!!'

Finally, the look of the film was inconsistent. They were on some island in the caribean, yet half the shots looked like it was freezing. Its called color correction, ratner. Jeez.

*****Direct Spoiler*****
Near the end, they had a scene under water with Woody Harelson and Pierce Brosnan and woody harelson is chasing him in a 'tag, you're it' sort of way. So they cut back and forth and harrelson has these random lines that pop in like 'I'm gonna getcha' and 'you can't outrun the FBI'. I swear, that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen and it failed to create any suspense for me. I almost burst out laughing, but held back becuase I kept getting dirty looks from the lady next to me cause I kept sighing throughout the movie.

All in all, a bad film. Scratch that, movie. It was a bad movie.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

modage

Quote from: wantautopia?
Quote from: themodernage02why are you a mini-mini-mac?
I'm really the miggida miggida miggida miggida Mac Daddy.  I'm gonna make you jump jump.  All I know is it had something to do with saltines, film school, and a Radiohead song gone horribly, horribly wrong.
from what thread?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: wantautopia?I guess you don't visit Idle Chatter these days.

Quote from: On Dec 06, 2003, themodernage02i visit Idle Chatter much less than the 'main' forums.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

cine

So if Ono visits Idle Chatter more than Mod, maybe Ono should be "Mini-Mac" instead....

ono

Visiting Idle Chatter isn't a virtue.  It's a penance.  (Although I just go here to see everything.)

Ghostboy

Quote from: RecceAnd selma blair, who I've seen be a pretty decent actress from time to time, is really only around to get undressed like twenty times in the hour and forty minutes.

Not that I blame you for forgetting the lead actress within a few hours of seeing the movie. Bad movies have a tendency to do that.

Recce

Right, Salma Hayek. Don't know why I said blair. Whatever, its still bad.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

modage

Quote from: CinephileSo if Ono visits Idle Chatter more than Mod, maybe Ono should be "Mini-Mac" instead....
oh, you know how to get right to me, dontcha cinephile?