Dodgeball

Started by Just Withnail, March 25, 2004, 03:18:08 PM

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pedro

El Duderino

Ghostboy

Ehhh. Looks kinda funny, mostly lame. It doesn't suggest the brilliance that radiated from Zoolander.

Kal

as I said before... I cant miss a movie with these guys in it... I just see them and start laughing

Pas

I'm disapointed this looks weird

Fishbulb

This looks a lot funnier than "Starsky and Hutch", but I've been burned by trailers before. Still, there a lot of great moments in the trailer- "Cowboy Cardio Dancing", "I just threw up in my mouth a little", etc. Stiller's character kind of reminds me of that "Work it on out, two, three, four" exercise guy that he used to do. Will be interesting to see Vince Vaughn playing the "straight" role too. Good supporting cast...Stephen Root, Missi Pyle, Jason Bateman and Gary Cole as the two announcer guys. Looks promising.

cine

This looks like it could be pretty fun. Trivia for those who don't know for whatever reason: The girl who rejects Stiller and says "I just threw up in my mouth a little bit" is Christine Taylor, Stiller's wife. Oh, the irony of it all.

metroshane

looks genius to me.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

MacGuffin

Quote from: FishbulbStill, there a lot of great moments in the trailer- "I just threw up in my mouth a little", etc.

Which was first used in Austin Powers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: metroshanelooks genius to me.

That's what I said when I saw the Ladykillers trailer...

El Duderino

i'll see it just because of Ben Stiller's character. how he looks, acts, etc. brilliance. plus, vince vaughn is always good.

SoNowThen

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Already wins best line of the year, hands down.

I haven't laughed out loud this much at a trailer in a long time.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Just Withnail

Quote from: SoNowThen"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Already wins best line of the year, hands down.

I haven't laughed out loud this much at a trailer in a long time.

I thought it was the trailer's only redeeming quality.

Fishbulb

I so want that giant cardboard standup thing that's in the theaters. I laugh every time I see it.