The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Fernando

^^ that's exactly what I was wondering, it's not clear to me what the reason could be.

oh well, malick begins to shoot on that same day and this gets postponed  :yabbse-undecided:

Pozer

dammit. thought there was just gonna be a new article posted with Renner saying:

Quote from: polkablues on July 14, 2010, 11:51:28 PM
I'm out.

i think it's creative issues w/himself.. first weeks of pee dee el shooting gone to scraps :idea: to anybody else's mind?

yabbse-sad indeed.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

cine

doesn't sound like a studio issue at all and everything to do with paul's vision.

and hey, there's always Thor.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I mean, I guess that's funny.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Marty McSuperfly

Quote from: cine on September 20, 2010, 11:52:46 PM
doesn't sound like a studio issue at all and everything to do with paul's vision.

and hey, there's always Thor.

This is bleak news indeed, especially as The Wrap is reporting that the funding may have been pulled too.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/pt-andersons-scientology-film-postponed-indefinitely-21000

I suppose it's possible that the funding from River Road fell through as a direct result of the creative issues during rehearsal, but it doesn't bode well for the future of film.

Even if PTA can resolve the casting/performance/whatever problems, who's to say anyone will be waiting in the wings with a bucket of cash?

My prediction: PTA will put it on the backburner and, in a decade or so's time, a hot new A-list young actor will want to be taken seriously and so he'll attach himself to the script and it'll eventually get made.

So should I read the script now or not?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

At least the Scientologists didn't murder PTA, let's be thankful of that.  They just had his movie postponed indefinitely.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

md

DUDE FUCKING BLAME IT ON BEN AFFLECK...THAT MOTHAFUCKA BRAINWASHED RENNER...

No wonder PTA hated that dude
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Derek

He didn't hate Affleck. They made one of the funniest SNL skits I've seen together.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pozer

egad, this thread was sposed to be beautiful  :oops:

socketlevel

Quote from: md on September 21, 2010, 06:58:41 PM
DUDE FUCKING BLAME IT ON BEN AFFLECK...THAT MOTHAFUCKA BRAINWASHED RENNER...

No wonder PTA hated that dude

i don't even remotely get this, can someone enlighten me with a link.
the one last hit that spent you...

Ordet

forgive them for they no not what they do.
(money people)
were spinning

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Robyn

AAAAAAAAAH, this sucks

ah sorru

Ghostboy

So within a week of getting this news I broke down and read the script.

When it's amazing, it's really amazing. And when it's not, it's because it's unfinished. I can't wait to see the movie.