The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pubrick

is this the face?

i did a search for cruel intentions face and this was the first hit, i'm not even kidding look at the file name.

bigideas is FREAKING OUT right now.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Aphex Twin called, and he wants his face back.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

children with angels

I LOVED that face in Cruel intentions! When it happens it's one of those brilliantly bizarre moments that completely shatters the tone and credibility of its film's world - it's supposed to be like a romantic scene with them fooling around and having fun, then she comes out with this devil goblin face; awesome.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

tpfkabi

Quote from: P on May 26, 2010, 08:18:16 AM
is this the face?

i did a search for cruel intentions face and this was the first hit, i'm not even kidding look at the file name.

that's the one. it's a very memorable scene - for me anyway (in the visual sense).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

polkablues

So that's not how her face normally looks?
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

lol@this whole page and the last posts of the previous one.
some posts definitely for p's consideration of his five page recap (although he hasn't done one since p.10).

marquee material?

xixax.com: full of pta's envious gay ex-lovers

Derek

Quote from: bigideas on May 26, 2010, 10:21:41 AM
Quote from: P on May 26, 2010, 08:18:16 AM
is this the face?

that's the one. it's a very memorable scene - for me anyway (in the visual sense).

She could play Nicholson's part in an Eastwick remake.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

The Perineum Falcon

Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone & Deborah Ann Woll Considered For Cult In Paul Thomas Anderson's Untitled Religion Film
via: The Playlist

More details on the potential cast for Paul Thomas Anderson's forthcoming untitled Scientology drama are surfacing as it gears up for a shoot this summer. Last week we reported that Reese Witherspoon had been offered the role of the Master's wife Mary-Sue, who acts as his caretaker and vigilant lieutenant. This week, the print edition of Production Weekly reveals that Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone and Deborah Ann Woll are all being considered for the role of Elizabeth, The Master and Mary-Sue's daughter.

We reviewed the script for the film that was floating around earlier this year and while the role of the daughter is a small one (though that could've changed), it also does have some pretty salacious bits (that we won't spoil here) which will be an eye opener for any fans of the actress who lands the role.

So who will land it? It's hard to say. Seyfried seems like least likely candidate only because she is set to shoot Catherine Hardwicke's "Girl With The Riding Hood" this summer and depending on when Anderson's film goes in front of cameras, scheduling alone could take her out of the running. Emma Stone has been looking to break out of comedic roles, most recently adding the period based, racial drama "The Help" to her upcoming slate. She would be an interesting fit for the role and it would definitely add something very different to her resumé. Finally, there's Deborah Ann Woll, best known for her role as Jessica on "True Blood." She doesn't have much feature film experience (well, she has roles in three films that are awaiting release) but she's capable, and from a purely financial aspect, probably the most budget friendly to join the $35 million dollar picture.

All this said, while the actresses are said to be "choices" for the role its unclear at this time if any offers have been made. Our guess would be they've all read or tested in some capacity but obviously, decisions are still pending. For now, the only confirmed cast members remain Philip Seymour Hoffman in the role of The Master and Jeremy Renner as Freddie Sutton, his troubled protegé. Frankly, those two could could go on screen and re-enact "Baby Geniuses" and we'd watch it, so whoever Anderson gets to surround them is icing on the cake.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

i think i might be in love with all three of them

EDIT - did anyone else get super turned on like me when emma stone did her Annie Potts impression in zombieland? lol maybe i've gone too far; being too honest.
the one last hit that spent you...

Alexandro

he should cast all three of them a la buñuel.

Stefen

Fivehead: The Movie.

They're creepy, ill give them that.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Is Scientology the kind of sect with lots of sex?

Kidding aside (not really tho), if this turn out to be true it's really great, I like Emma Stone.