MacGuffin

Best DVD Release: Zodiac - Special Edition

THE NOMINEES

Bottle Rocket - Criterion
The Dark Knight (Blu-Ray)
The Godfather trilogy
There Will Be Blood
Zodiac - Special Edition
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

we have to include a best blu-ray next year because the blu-ray version of zodiac pisses all over the dvd version.

Sleepless

If we're talking new categories, might I suggest Best Credit Sequence? It's an art form unto itself. Obviously the best example this year so far would include Watchmen, but I think it's a valid category since we already celebrate trailers and posters. Thoughts?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I really thought PTA had this one locked up. We usually vote for whatever PTA is involved in. We must be slacking.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

Quote from: mogwai on April 07, 2009, 05:05:16 AM
we have to include a best blu-ray next year because the blu-ray version of zodiac pisses all over the dvd version.
are there any changes beyond being in hd?

i'm surprised twbb was nommed! that thing is practically bare-bones.

Alexandro

the there will be blood dvd was almost an insult, the packaging sucked. the transfer and the film itself of course are great, but as a dvd you have to pay money for, it was a let down. the zodiac se was a deserved winner.

Stefen

Maybe PTA thought he had this category locked up even if he didn't put shit on the DVD because we're all fanboys.

We showed him.

Maybe next time he'll do a commentary track.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: picolas on April 07, 2009, 01:21:38 PM
Quote from: mogwai on April 07, 2009, 05:05:16 AM
are there any changes beyond being in hd?

i'm surprised twbb was nommed! that thing is practically bare-bones.

i'm referring mostly to the european versions cuz it's only 1 disc and includes all the docs, audio commentaries, etc... still it has a crisp, the most perfect 1080 resolution i've seen so far.

Convael

I wasn't gonna say this but I guess it's ok since other people kinda did.

Holy shit something PTA did didn't win at the Xixax Awards?!?!  What the fuckity fuck is the world coming to. 

But the packaging for the DVD was horrible... my boxing has started to come apart and I keep it on a shelf with my other DVDs.  Plus I'm always afraid to take the disc out and watch the movie, which seems like a very bad sign and something which someone who loves movies would never want to do to his or her own movie.

Fernando