There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Brando

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Pubrick

This was all pointed out four years ago when the movie was released.

It was obvious.
under the paving stones.

BB

Without addressing why the influence might matter or what relevance it bears, that was just an empty exercise. And, yeah, about four years too late.

A bunch of the selected shots don't even match up in any significant way but are presented with this profound air. Plainview wet with oil facing the camera, the ape in the cave facing the camera. They're both close-ups. Whooptydoo. 

Jeremy Blackman

Something like that could have been unconscious, but I also don't see the literal connections, even when they're presented side-by-side in a video.

Ravi

http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/30/this-is-a-horrible-there-will-be-blood-tattoo/

This Is A Horrible THERE WILL BE BLOOD Tattoo

Sometimes great movies make for bad tattoos.

Everything about this tattoo is wrong. The likeness of Daniel Day Lewis is just off enough to make him look like he has brain swelling or something. The quote is a strange, nihilistic one to commemorate on your body. The font is ludicrous.

This is where we open the floor to good tattoos from There Will Be Blood. Do they exist?

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

Quote from: Ravi on May 30, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
This is where we open the floor to good tattoos from There Will Be Blood. Do they exist?

Neil

Calves: the only logical place for a Daniel Plainview Tattoo
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pozer

Neil

Nice. I am so dumb.  It was like a cloud.  The moment you said that I saw it as a forearm.

Fail.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

this was pretty fuckin well done. Made me laugh. If it's old and you've already seen it, be sure to scold me.

Jeremy Blackman

I didn't find it funny (then again I never find weed humor funny), but that is some incredible impression work... probably the best Plainview I've seen.

matt35mm

At least they got the compositions and the body movements and voices down. People don't usually give a fuck about that. I'll agree that I didn't find it funny, but it's still kinda impressive, for a fake trailer.

Pubrick

That was actually funny and I don't think his Plainview is very good at all.

Everything else was perfect, they didn't just capture the compositions, they really put some thought into how it would tie in with their parody. Little things like the bowling on tv are a nice touch. It's more than a parody, it's probably the best homage I've seen.

Thanks for the hookup reelist, could have gone unseen forever.. been up 4 years apparently with hardly any views.
under the paving stones.