The New World

Started by edison, December 09, 2004, 12:09:28 AM

UncleJoey

The site is up. Pretty cool photo gallery on there.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

soixante

I foresee a New Line Platinum DVD of "New World" for release in June of 2006, which features a director's commentary, a 90-minute video diary of Malick giving viewers an in-depth look at his creative process, plus an extra disc of Terry Malick's appearances on The Charlie Rose Show, The Tonight Show, and Larry King Live.  There will also be outtakes and bloopers.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Pozer

Quote from: GhostboyEarly prediction: best film of 2005.
Bloody Well Right!

MacGuffin

Malick's New World a "Love Story"
Plus, new stills are now online.

In an article about upcoming historical epics, USA Today spoke with producer Sarah Green about writer-director Terrence Malick's The New World, which opens November 9th.

The New Line period piece recounts the first encounter between white settlers and Native Americans in Virginia, especially focusing on the legendary relationship between explorer John Smith (Colin Farrell) and Pocahontas (Q'Orianka Kilcher).

"It's first and foremost a love story," Green advised the paper. "Any understanding there was between these two cultures stemmed from this relationship. ... This relationship, the way we use it, has a complete and utter impact on everyone around them. The personal can be inherently political and have widespread consequences."

Sorry about the size.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Ha, love story.  About a month or two ago I had a dream that this movie was about Pocahontas
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: SleuthAbout a month or two ago I had a dream that this movie was about Pocahontas
and that's strange.. cos we've always known that?
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: SleuthAbout a month or two ago I had a dream that this movie was about Pocahontas

It's a nightmare come true!
I like to hug dogs

Pozer

Quote from: Sleuth
Quote from: Pubrick

It's a nightmare come true!
dumb

NEON MERCURY

in that last picture how come pocahauntus has small tits :saywhat:

but the hair looks right

Pozer

Quote from: NEON MERCURYin that last picture how come pocahauntus has small tits :saywhat:

but the hair looks right
Dear god, sometimes I wonder why I come here. I can understand if it was a Hillary Lohan movie, but come on man.

Pubrick

Quote from: POZERHillary Lohan

now who's crazy.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Like, I was totally talking about Hillary Duff but whatever.

Pubrick

it's the same gag. duff is a BLOCK. saying lohan after the reference to breasteses was the ambiguous part.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin

Did this poster remind anyone of

Not to mention Farell looking a bit like Aragorn.