Cast
Paul Bettany
Kirsten Dunst
Sam Neill
Jon Favreau
Bernard Hill
James McAvoy

Synopsis
"WIMBLEDON" follows Peter Colt (Paul Bettany) - an unlucky guy, scoring "love" both professionally and personally. Seeded near the bottom of the world tennis ranks, he manages to score a wild card, allowing him to play in the prestigious Wimbledon tournament. There, he meets and falls in love with American tennis star Lizzie Bradbury (Kirsten Dunst).

Fueled by a mixture of his newfound luck, love and on-court prowess, Peter works his way up the ranks of the tournament players and actually stands a chance of fulfilling his lifelong dream of winning the men's singles title--if his luck can just hold out.

Trailer Here
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Thrindle

Love and Tennis... a fine match.    :roll:
Classic.

Just Withnail

Well they did find the one sport never matched up with a romance plot. To bad they never considered why no one's done it before. Sport'n'love movies have been done to death, shuffling the games around probably won't make a difference, though the trailer makes it look like the movie offers some serious tennis-action :roll:

But, hey, Jon Favreau and Sam Neill are always welcome.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

SiliasRuby

Ooooo Sounds like such a sweet movie......bleh.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

my favorite sports/love movie is "the cutting edge." what about you guys?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazmy favorite sports/love movie is "the cutting edge." what about you guys?

Now you're talking. "Toepick!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: bonanzatazmy favorite sports/love movie is "the cutting edge." what about you guys?

Now you're talking. "Toepick!"

mac, i really love you, man!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: HAL Duderino

....... :roll: .if i was pauly i would pour that expresso or whatever chic drink that is right into her goofy face/teeth........

this film will obviously suck....the whole idea sounds like a "double fault" :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :yabbse-cry:

.gotta be tin cup.........rene russo is one hot 40+ woman...and its all around good.......

6 one-word grapevine thread titles.

ono

Quote from: 036 one-word grapevine thread titles.
17 on the first page.  18 if you count 2046.

Ravi

Quote from: InsomniacI'm looking forward to this.

Nice poster...
http://www.impawards.com/2004/wimbledon.html

The poster smacks of whiteness.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Finn

I thought it was terrific. Paul Bettany is great as always and he's a really good pair with Kirsten Dunst.