Rolling Stone: Fiona Apple Ripe for Return

Started by neatahwanta, October 17, 2003, 03:21:47 PM

pookiethecat

sometimes i think fiona is this awesome empathetic underdog.  and other times i think she's this big phony hanging out at fashion shows.
i wanna lick 'em.

neatahwanta

Quote from: pookiethecatsometimes i think fiona is this awesome empathetic underdog.  and other times i think she's this big phony hanging out at fashion shows.

Haha, it wouldn't be the latter.  From 2000 until 2003, there are only a handful of photo's of Fiona I've seen in the media...she kept a very low profile.  She doesn't seem to be the red carpet / fashion party type.  Actually, Lionel probably needs to show up at those kinda things because he's a fashion photographer.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: neatahwantaHere is a new photo from RS magazine (The Strokes are on the cover), courtesy of kate, aka FionaAppleAddict:

That is a nice photo, yellow teeth or no.  She's just one smokin' mama, and talented as hell.

But question: Why is she with a pot-bellied, middle-aged Tom Sizemore lookalike?  Now THAT'S disturbing.   :?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SoNowThen

so if she's not with PTA anymore, who is he with??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

neatahwanta

Haha, I dunno if Fiona and Lionel are even an item, but it sorta looked like they were in the summer.  (Plus I heard reports of them shopping at photography stores in the LA area....there are eyes everywhere, ya know.)

I assume we'll hear more about Fiona's love life in the next few months, as she's interviewed about the new album.  As long as she's happy (as happy as Fiona can be, that is), its all good.  I suspect Fiona knew the relationship with Paul just couldn't last...or at least, that's what I get from "I Know".

*shrugs?*

SoNowThen

to tangent for a quick second...

has Paul got a new woman?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThento tangent for a quick second...

has Paul got a new woman?

...or has a new woman got Paul?  :P  

Seriously, I bet he's the last person on earth who wants to do anything approaching a Ben/J. Lo. He probably thinks it's nobody's business, regardless of how curious we fans are.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

well, I have a reason for asking, so if anybody knows, please out with it...

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenwell, I have a reason for asking, so if anybody knows, please out with it...

I doubt you're PTA's type, but I'm sure you could at least get a Donnie Smith/Brad the Bartender thing going on that front...  :lol:

I have no idea. I vaguely remember hearing some unknown who was in Burton's Planet of the Apes...???
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

SoNowThen

NOT FOR ME!!! It's an info inquiry.

Besides, PTA doesn't have big enough tits for me to objectify...

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenNOT FOR ME!!! It's an info inquiry.

Besides, PTA doesn't have big enough tits for me to objectify...

Plus he'd probably slap you for objectifying him. Or strap on a pair of rollerskates jump up and down on your face, screaming for you to respect him, motherfucker!!!! Don't you EVER disrespect him!!!   :lol:

SoNowThen

HA!! He'd totally do that, and then after, while I lay there bloody, on the ground, he'd spout unintelligible rap/poetry that passer-bys would pretend was cool, but I wouldn't understand a word.

pookiethecat

Quote from: godardianI have no idea. I vaguely remember hearing some unknown who was in Burton's Planet of the Apes...???

Estella Warren- that was reported in Us Weekly, a mag not particularly noted for its credibility.
i wanna lick 'em.

godardian

Quote from: pookiethecat
Quote from: godardianI have no idea. I vaguely remember hearing some unknown who was in Burton's Planet of the Apes...???

Estella Warren- that was reported in Us Weekly, a mag not particularly noted for its credibility.

Yes, but they hold the record for consecutive J.Lo/Affleck covers!  :?

Sleuth

Godardian, do you always end posts with an emoticon :?:
I like to hug dogs