Ben Folds, anyone?

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 11, 2003, 01:27:09 PM

Raikus

Sometime in early 2004. iTunes has his Sunny 16 and Speed Graphic EP's for $3.99 and $4.99. Nine songs. Nine good songs. If you like BF5 you'll certainly like them because they're in the band setting and have the old pep to them.

Personally, my favorite is his solo live performances. Ben Folds Live was just about as perfects as a CD can get.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thanks for the info...

And I agree, I love Ben Folds Live, especially the newer version of Emaline.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

You guys got me all excited about Ben Folds again.

I had gone a few months without a listen... I just bought the Speed Graphic EP from ITunes..... couldn't help myself... first purchase from them.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RegularKarateI just bought the Speed Graphic EP from ITunes..... couldn't help myself... first purchase from them.
how does it work?  reliable?  fast?

I know, there has been a ben folds explosion here lately...saw him a few times, but I am thinking a need to start listening to more of him cause I only know five's first few albums...

modage

has anyone heard The Bens EP?  has this already been discussed?  ben folds, ben kweller, ben lee.  four songs?  anybody?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

xerxes

Quote from: themodernage02has anyone heard The Bens EP?  has this already been discussed?  ben folds, ben kweller, ben lee.  four songs?  anybody?

don't they have a song on the new hedwig tribute album???

Raikus

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: RegularKarateI just bought the Speed Graphic EP from ITunes..... couldn't help myself... first purchase from them.
how does it work?  reliable?  fast?

I know, there has been a ben folds explosion here lately...saw him a few times, but I am thinking a need to start listening to more of him cause I only know five's first few albums...
iTunes is absolutely the best MP3 library system and purchasing system there is. Period. Downloading is quick, easy, and they place it in your library and "Purchased Music" folder so you can find it. Also, the streaming radio stations are heaven. No buffering whatsoever. Free program too.

I just bought an an iPod for my wife and was surprised how great the iTunes program was.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Yeah... I've been a long time fan of ITunes (I'm almost jealous PC users get to use it now).  

The purchase was fast as shit... once you're signed up, they have your card number, you just click click and it zooms into your library... all five songs took about a minute to fully download, but once song one is done (about 15 secs on dsl) you can start listening.

The sound quality is really good too.  They're making it way too easy for me to spend my money.  I'm usually pretty cheap.

Xixax

I've got both Speed Graphic and Sunny 16. They're good, but the production on them is really thin. Just in the sense that there's not a lot of polish to it. It's really raw. Ben and some guys on instruments.

I'm a little more of a fan of his more fully produced stuff (Rockin the Suburbs was phenomenal).

To me, Ben Folds is like sex. When it's good, it's mindblowingly good, and when it's bad, it's still pretty damn great.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

cool...I am a itunes and quicktime whore already, amazing the hours of time you can waste on it, when supposly working.  So when they released it for PC's I quick integrated my system at home over.  Funny thing is, I had an itunes skin on my windowmedia player..

I have never tried buying anything from them tho, so the info is greatly apprieciated.

I hear ya Raikus, I love the streams they have on there, listen to them all the time while working.