COME ON! COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!

Started by Xixax, August 09, 2003, 11:28:24 AM

SoNowThen

Quote from: SoNowThenokay, well while we're on the topic, I've always wondered what the one was that shows two teenage chicks, one brunette off to the background, and one cute blonde girl in the foreground....

So, anybody gonna tell me, or what?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: SoNowThenokay, well while we're on the topic, I've always wondered what the one was that shows two teenage chicks, one brunette off to the background, and one cute blonde girl in the foreground....

I don't have a fuckin' clue what you are referring to but the thing that comes to mind is American Beauty?...no?

SoNowThen

NO.

I'm talking upper right banners. It looks like a teen horror movie or something. The chick looks somewhat Kirsten Dunst-ey
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Ernie

Quote from: aclockworkjj

my ideal apartment living situation.... :wink:

Lol, right right. I don't know the one, I'll be sure to edit this if I see it and know it though.

off topic: Is that girl in the Malagi guy's avatar Audrey Hepburn? She was cool.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ebeamanAudrey Hepburn? She was cool.

she defined cute even before Meg Ryan was born....

MacGuffin

"Bring It On"

Kirsten Dunst on left; Eliza Dushku on right.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

Mac....you are the fuckin' man...I bow in honor of you....damn.... :-D

Find Your Magali

My avatar is the lovely Loredana Detto, from the splendid "Il Posto."

According to IMDB, it was the only film she ever made.

Ernie

Quote from: Find Your MagaliMy avatar is the lovely Loredana Detto, from the splendid "Il Posto."

According to IMDB, it was the only film she ever made.

Ha, that sucks man. Nice once anyway though...very cute.

brockly

WTF is up with the new XIXAX banner? I don't want to have to look at Jay's ugly face every time I visit these boards. I HATE IT!! Change it, change it NOW!!!

Cecil

well, since you asked so nicely, and your happiness is so valuable to xixax, im sure it will be changed

children with angels

No way! I love that banner, never change it! I haven't posted in ages, then when I arrived today and saw that I just pissed my pants: it is a perfect xixax.com banner...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin

"Bring It On"

Kirsten Dunst on left; Eliza Dushku on right.

Nice. Thanks, Mac. I still gotta see that movie...

Oh, Find Your Magali, I think that wonderful beautiful girl (in your avatar)only did the one movie because she ended up marrying Olmi. Became a housewife and all that jazz. But what a darling!! Whew!!!

markums2k

'Got the Power' is great, but 'Feel My Heat' is the song to end all songs.

All day...
All night...
You feel...
My heat...

Feel Feel Feel Feelmyhee-eat...

That's gonna be in my head all day now.  Thanks, guys!