Respect

Started by MacGuffin, October 25, 2003, 01:33:49 AM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman...and I wondered why you said it. Do you really mean it?
yes...I do mean it...and although you turned it into sum polictial, societial movement...I was simply just referring to the fact that if a women (cute girl, that I respected) said hop on one foot and scream like a dog in heat...

...I would only ask in which corner of the room she wants me.  

There was no social implications there other than fact I brought up the us govt.  Sorry I went that route, but no doubt...there has yet to be a woman in the chair...the notion to me is cnot oo..but .it does not scare.

Quote from: NewtronSweet Jesus, please end this pain.
and this guy continues to amaze me with his enlightening posts...wow...fig newton...if only I woulda listened to yer advice on how, what, when, and why to post....

keep up the good work, as I am overally jealous by yer original content.   :wink:

Newtron

Sweet Jesus, please end this pain.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjyes...I do mean it...and although you turned it into sum polictial, societial movement...I was simply just referring to the fact that if a women (cute girl, that I respected) said hop on one foot and scream like a dog in heat...

I'm sorry, but saying "women rule the world" has political implications (and social ones), whether you're talking about government or everyday life.

If you're saying you would hop on one foot for this "cute girl," are you saying that women are powerful because of their sexual power over men? Cause this is another mysoginist idea (with a long history) that we could go into. I don't mean to say that you have the same intentions, but it really is amazing how closely your ideas are echoing those of famous mysoginists (Goya is the first that comes to mind). In such situations, hopping on one foot or not, aren't men a slave of their own sexuality rather than helpless victims of women (who apparently rule the world)?

aclockworkjj

:::hops on one foot:::

a beautiful woman is a powerful thing....realize it.  I mean nothing more than as clear as I stated there.  

Women...they rock...and have more influence than given credit for.

Ghostboy

JJ, come on man. You're blindly running in circles here for no good reason, and it's clear to everyone but you, it seems. You should strengthen your argument, if you have one, or else stop bickering and return to making constructive comments in other threads.

Weak2ndAct

So, if I have my history correct: P bans JJ, when it gets revoked, he leaves.  And this is what we end up with.  Sheesh!

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Weak2ndActSo, if I have my history correct: P bans JJ, when it gets revoked, he leaves.  And this is what we end up with.  Sheesh!
just lyke life...it's a bitch.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjWomen...they rock...and have more influence than given credit for.

So people complaining about women not having enough power are just not giving women enough credit? Those silly feminists, they don't know how much power they really have, and they're actually degrading themselves by asking for more, because they already have enough, but they don't realize it?

How else do you reconcile this with "women rule the world"?

Changing your statement is not the same as explaining it. In fact, as you can see, it's just making things more complicated. You haven't explained anything, you've just run around in circles. All I want is an explanation, and you eventually have to run out of slippery things to say. Let's make it easy.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: SHAFTRI went to a Ben Stein guest lecture.

He was a speech writer for Nixon, so I have a hard time trusting him. What did he talk about?

Well, I hate to intervene during this conversation but I will answer the question.  He was interesting, very conservative but he had very important things he said that at the time I took heart in.  He did the "Bueller, Bueller" quote (sp? on Bueller?).  I'm not a huge Stein fan but after that I respect him a lot.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: Weak2ndActSo, if I have my history correct: P bans JJ, when it gets revoked, he leaves.  And this is what we end up with.  Sheesh!
just lyke life...it's a bitch.
So's payback.  I seriously hope that these ten page threads containing all this wishy-washy double-talk crap finally result in some um, justice.

Lucinda Bryte

Honestly the only other board I've been to that is mostly guys is far worse than this and I was used to the vulgarity there and I guess I just got used to it. I just figured that is how all guys are and I should just live with it. If that's who you are, then it's not really my place to try to change you because I wouldn't want someone trying to change me.

Bah what do I know. I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

phil marlowe

holy shit, did this thread just grow eight pages in one day? that's crazy...

i can't know if this kinda talk is offensive to the women of this site but it's definatly annoying to me and i've stopped reading all the 'i can't get a girl'(not that the intentions are wrong with these but the content semms to change quickly) threads a long time ago.

I've expressed my feeling toward acjj numerous times before and it hasn't really changed a bit, i still can't take any of his posts serious cos they all look like hot air to me. just do us all a favour and stop posting this damn much.

Pas

The P sacrifice was in vain. Let's mourn.

Banky

lets all be honest, this is somehow all that piece of shit JJ's fault

molly

Quote from: aclockworkjj:::hops on one foot:::

a beautiful woman is a powerful thing....realize it.  I mean nothing more than as clear as I stated there.  

Women...they rock...and have more influence than given credit for.

Does that mean that a woman can't write a novel, a script ....whatever and see her idea in work just like that, but she has to trick some powerful man with her beauty and have everything done through him?
Because, I live in a country that claims that everything is for free (healthcare, university) and still you can't see the results of your work and efforts unless you pay some money to the person who is in charge. It's called corruption. And it's endless. People keep popping up and demanding money if you want to get what belongs to you. Everything is one big fat lie, and due to that, our economy is going down, while some people unexpectedly walk around dressed in Gucci, Armani...Those are the ones in "powerful positions", and it might include somebody who has finished only elementary school, comes to work when he wants, gets drunk on work because all he does is receiving his many friends (guys like that always have them many), allows his friend and their friend special offers for a certain price. Everythin has to go through him, what doesn't - it's like it doesn't exist. Guys like that are running minor banks.
So you see why our economy is going down, the "friends" are no better than that owful man in charge.
So, I ask you, when you say that a beautiful woman is a powerful thing, do you mean it'll pay off if a woman who wants to be a physician, goes on a plastic surgery, or hopping on one foot is the best she can hope for?