In defense of glitter

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, August 18, 2003, 01:20:03 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i know what i said motha fucka you dont have to only just quote me

and take up space

Alexandro

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesi never said it was purple rain and i still say that 99% of the people dissing this film is because its vouge to do so

max beasley, he did a good job

on a project that was doomed from the start he could of done a shitty job but he said fuck it

ya know what most internet people are like jack black in high fidelity, and these people go no where in life

but there are a few people like the maz beasley guy out there and they make movies and music that make life great

thats why philop seymore hoffman is so popular online, people relate to him and the charecters he plays

me i thought max in glitter was what a real music junkie dj is like and not a hollywood version, which the studio im sure wrote for him, but he transended what could of been a shitty part

alexandro, maybe when you saw it you drank the water that daya nd we all know mexico and its water

I see little difference between that character in glitter and the asshole in coyote ugly who also wanted to make it...In an intelligent movie, the character woudl'nt have to explain everything for us like if we were a bunch of idiots...that scene you mention, that I had the pleasure to foget until today, is written by some stuido exec so they can show the "sensitive" side of the character, and how much he loves music, and then people like you buys this crap...It's still funny to argue with you cause maybe next you will say something even dumber...

about the water, well, is not a really good joke anyway...the only people who get sick drinking mexican water are first world citizens, a minority in the world, who also can't stand a good, tasty dish of street tacos. First world citizens avoid stomachaches for a lifetime and then die of stomach cancer because all the conservatives they have in everything from beans to water...not that I don't like junk american food too, but my stomach is stronger... :)

ok having heard your explanation of the charecter i will just say this that you missed the point by a long shot, too bad

we shouldnt fight

as far as your water, well ::thinks of what he can add to it:: well the water doesnt make your stomach hurt so you compensate by eating beans and hot sause all day instead

i like the latins i spend many a time in latin areas cancoon, ibiza, Puerto rico, acapulco , east L.A  

so we can agree to dissagree on glitter but your way off

Alexandro

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesok having heard your explanation of the charecter i will just say this that you missed the point by a long shot, too bad

we shouldnt fight

as far as your water, well ::thinks of what he can add to it:: well the water doesnt make your stomach hurt so you compensate by eating beans and hot sause all day instead

i like the latins i spend many a time in latin areas cancoon, ibiza, Puerto rico, acapulco , east L.A  

so we can agree to dissagree on glitter but your way off

i was kidding, man...thought you were kidding too...

anyway if you like glitter, i bet mariah ha sa smile on her face...

by the way those places you mention are ok but not really latin, they're like the european-american version of what they would like to believe is latin....East L.A. may be the more authentic places of th eones you mention...if you wanna know latin for real, try the south of mexico, chiapas, oaxaca, or try the central part of the country....in cancun they don't even have that many pesos anymore, everything is in dollars...

yeah were having fun

fuck yeah east LA is great, but im a gringo so of course i will go to ibiza and  puerto rico

i dont have any family in mexico to go down into the real non tourist places, like you guy's indiana

but one thing you got to know  about me when i make a risky post and stick my neck out , i get testy

and not to be a dick, but those risky posts are the ones worth posting, like my god /magnolia post

but most of the time were just fucking around , so lets have fun

Alexandro

If you have the money to go to cancun and ibiza, you surely got the money to make a backpacking tour around the mexican pacific coast...you'll love it...they don't have bottled water though...but they have beer...

Quote from: AlexandroIf you have the money to go to cancun and ibiza, you surely got the money to make a backpacking tour around the mexican pacific coast...you'll love it...they don't have bottled water though...but they have beer...

i will, and i dont mean that in a patronizing way,

but i have to say this about me, maybe its wrong to admit this

but i like nice hotels and good food and GREAT beachs

some people like to vacation deep in africa  and i would never do that

so i respect your opinion and i may do that but i would rather just go to st barts and lie on the beach or chill on a yacht drinking pina coladas

cine

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesok here it is im gonna defend glitter a movie that was shit on by 99% of the people who have never even seen it
It was certainly shit on by almost 99% of the people who DID see it. For the people who shit on it who didn't see it -- maybe they just have that gut feeling.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthe reason people wanted to hate it is, mariah has that perfect fake pop happy image then she goes nuts that summer so people got happy
A) They wanted to hate it because it was a shitty movie (watched it on TMN just to see for myself). That's a good enough reason.
B) She likely went nuts because she made Glitter.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesand the film was doomed since day one
It was doomed since day one *probably* because it was a Mariah Carey movie with a dull premise/screenplay.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthis would be the sort of film i would watch when i was 15 on a saturday aftenoon on channell 20
Which shows where the movie probably belongs, if it had to go SOMEWHERE.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesjust a harmless film about a chick who wants to make it, not one single really embaressing moment
A) Harmless? I hardly think so. Do you know how painful that movie might've been to some people? It was torture for me.
B) Embarrassing? Perhaps Carey's acting was at least one moment of embarrassment (or every moment she was on the screen...)
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthe guy in the movie who plays her boyfriend record producer
He fucking nailed that part, he played a music fanatic with dreams of making it so perfect
He was probably channeling his own life of making it as an actor. That's why it was so realistic. He was acting in GLITTER..
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneshe was one of us, cept were movie fans who want to make movies
Um.. not all of us. I was watching the movie as a moviegoer who wants to see a good fuckin' movie.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesever try and explain to your girlfriend with such passion why you love a scene in a movie
Yeah, but if I was talking about Glitter, I would've been slapped or committed to a mental ward.
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneshe does this in the film, he shows her all his favorite instruments, and they are not gay ass generic hollywood guitars, he shows her timbalays and stuff and tells her about how quincy jones got started in the biz and thats his hero and he wants to be just like him
... Do you think showing "gay ass generic hollywood guitars" would've made it a lesser film? Seriously.... ? (I wish I knew what those were too)
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthe guy is played by Max Beesley and he was really fucking good in the movie, and i know snobs will turn their noses up but too fucking bad while your wasteing your time watching some un watchable preteniouce art film, here is a film that has some great stuff in it, but i really wish you guys could see those scenes with him, he played it perfect
Maybe when I'm watching my 'unwatchable pretentious art films', I'll think about him in that perfect role in the Mariah Carey movie about how he wanted to be just like his hero Quincy Jones. And I'll always remember that 'unwatchable pretentious art films' are shit compared to Max Beesley wanting to be just like Quincy Jones.

I must say, there is nothing great in this movie whatsoever. Great is such an overused term and for it to be misused for a movie like Glitter is awful, because Glitter IS awful. That's that.

©brad

yikes. so many quotes. for future reference, please put a space after whatever u write before u do another quote. looks better.

cine

Quote from: ©bradyikes. so many quotes. for future reference, please put a space after whatever u write before u do another quote. looks better.

Christ, I did that too and edited them out because I didn't want to get verbally raped for 'wasting space'. And now I know. And knowing is half the battle.
:wink:

cinephile after reading your waste of space all i can say is , i hope keith richards never sees your pic , becausde he would have those lips cut right off , out of shame of being associated with you ( the man carrys a switch blade i kid you not all the more reason keith is a pimp )

you made your lack of point move on their is nothing else you can bring to this

©brad

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonescinephile after reading your waste of space all i can say is , i hope keith richards never sees your pic , becausde he would have those lips cut right off , out of shame of being associated with you ( the man carrys a switch blade i kid you not all the more reason keith is a pimp )

you made your lack of point move on their is nothing else you can bring to this

now now play nice. at least give him props for making all those quotes. i would never have the energy to do that, nor do i have the energy to actually read that long post. maybe sumday...

thats like giving chimino props because heavons gate was four hours long

RegularKarate

Quote from: AlexandroFirst world citizens avoid stomachaches for a lifetime and then die of stomach cancer because all the conservatives they have in everything from beans to water...

That IS our problem, too many fucking conservatives.

cine

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthats like giving chimino props because heavons gate was four hours long

Hey, Alguien, I got no problem with you.. I'm just expressing personal opinions on the movie and such. So I have no problem with you whatsoever...

but I have to ask if no one else has yet...

Do you have a secret rolodex of analogies sitting next to your computer? Please let me know.