WALL• E

Started by MacGuffin, January 17, 2007, 06:31:21 PM

MacGuffin

Disney/Pixar's WALL• E Revealed
Source: ComingSoon

In a letter to shareholders, Disney's Robert A. Iger has revealed this first photo from Pixar's WALL• E, opening in theaters in June of 2008. The letter stated:

We're also excited about Pixar's next animated movie, Ratatouille, which will be released this summer. And I'm pleased to give you an exclusive first look at the title character of their next movie, WALL• E (pictured here), which will be released the following year.

There's not much information available about this flick, (it doesn't even have an entry on IMDb), so any plot details are pure speculation. The rumour going around is that it might be about a robot. Millennium Man goes animated?). The one thing we definitely know is that Academy Award®-winning director Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo) is in the driver's seat as writer and director.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Most adorable robot ever.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

WALL• E (June 27, 2008)

The studio synopsis: "The year is 2700. WALL• E, a robot, spends every day doing what he was made for. But soon, he will discover what he was meant for." Andrew Stanton, writer-director of "Finding Nemo" (still Pixar's biggest box-office hit), describes this metallic love story as "R2-D2 meets City Lights," with WALL• E meeting a cute robot named Eve. Those who remember the 1931 Charlie Chaplin film, about a blind girl wooed by a tramp she mistakenly believes is a rich man, can transpose the story to a lonely planet and guess from there. The main roles will be "voiced" electronically by Ben Burtt, the wizardly sound designer behind Star Wars.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

so.. how do you pronounce • ?

i've been saying "wally with a bullet"
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 10, 2007, 01:49:12 AM
Andrew Stanton, writer-director of "Finding Nemo" (still Pixar's biggest box-office hit), describes this metallic love story as "R2-D2 meets City Lights,"

this sounds amazing, but it looks like it's definitely going to stay that way.   

wow, a rat chef and a robot love story?  pixar are NOT playing it safe.  its almost as if their story department came up with pitches for a movie that nobody would want to see and as a challenge they have to make people want to see them.  i • pixar.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

if the whole movie was just a black screen and WALL•E saying stuff i'd still really want to see it. voice of the year.

Pubrick

i love this litte f•cker.
under the paving stones.

diggler

haha i've been replaying that voice over and over again. perfect
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Ravi

I know that's just a teaser, but fuck it, I'm excited.

Ghostboy

Based on these thirty or so seconds, this is the best Pixar movie since Monsters Inc, without a doubt.

72teeth

fuck you trailer music guy...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

you ppl have no faith.

this is easily one of the top 5 movies of the decade (so far), and the best pixar (ever).
under the paving stones.

picolas

shut up P. this shouldn't even be called a movie. it's clearly an infinite transcendental orgasm unit generator.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on June 17, 2007, 09:17:58 AM
i love this litte f•cker.

Quote from: Ravi on June 20, 2007, 01:30:59 AM
I know that's just a teaser, but fuck it, I'm excited.

Quote from: 72teeth on June 20, 2007, 03:54:04 AM
fuck you trailer music guy...

Quote from: picolas on June 20, 2007, 04:43:25 AM
transcendental orgasm unit generator

This thread is already rated R. 

Cock.