Laws Of Attraction.

Started by Stefen, April 07, 2004, 12:53:52 AM

Stefen

Couldn't find a thread on this (redirect if needed) but I won some passes today for next weeks advance screening of this flick, anyone seen it and is it worth going to the screening?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

you WON something. FOR FREE.

FOR FREE.

cine

Doesn't look too bad actually. You won passes anyway so you've got nothing to lose.

Trailer.

Stefen

Doesn't look like something I'd want to take off work and school for. I'll netflix it in when it comes out on digital video disc.

if anyone is in or around santa fe new mexico and wants some free passes to this flick, let me know. It's on april 14th at the downtown theater in albuquerque.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefendigital video disc.
kotte says it's digital versatile disc now.

i guess we'll never know..
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: StefenI'll netflix it in when it comes out on digital video disc.
Quote from: Pubrickkotte says it's digital versatile disc now.

Stefen

I just got totally owned in a thread I created. I would have felt less embarassed getting redirected.   :shock:

Ravi

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1

[1.1.1] What do the letters DVD stand for?
All of the following have been proposed as the words behind the letters DVD.

-Delayed, very delayed (referring to the many late releases of DVD formats)
-Diversified, very diversified (referring to the proliferation of recordable formats and other spinoffs)
-Digital venereal disease (referring to piracy and copying of DVDs)
-Dead, very dead (from naysayers who predicted DVD would never take off)
-Digital video disc (the original meaning proposed by some of DVD's creators)
-Digital versatile disc (a meaning later proposed by some of DVD's creators)
-Nothing

And the official answer is? "Nothing." The original acronym came from "digital video disc." Some members of the DVD Forum (see 6.1) tried to express that DVD goes far beyond video by retrofitting the painfully contorted phrase "digital versatile disc," but this has never been officially accepted by the DVD Forum as a whole. The DVD Forum decreed in 1999 that DVD, as an international standard, is simply three letters. After all, how many people ask what VHS stands for? (Guess what, no one agrees on that one either.)

Stefen

^^^^^ See that P and Cine? SEE THAT!!

For P And Cinephile.  

Pubrick

not to weasel out of a justified ownage, but cinephile misunderstood my post..

it was kotte who originally owned me when i said digital video disc. here is that moment:

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: P
Quote from: El Duderinosorry, what does DV stand for?
do u know what DVD stands for?

well DV = DVD - D

What are you talking about?

DV stands for Digital Video.
DVD did stand for Digital Video Disc...but today it's Digital Versatile Disc.
so, u know, i'm all for a good owning when it's right. the joke was meant to be that we're cavemen for thinking Video.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I do not know what the correct one is. I use digital video disc cause it's what i'm used to. I think Kotte is wrong. But he is too nice and I would feel bad dropping ownage on his ass. I guess it's a matter of whatever the individual prefers.

Find Your Magali

I know this thread went off on a whole nother tangent, and that y'all really don't need me to tell you this, but DON'T spend any money on Laws of Attraction.

It really was by-the-numbers dreck that was lifted to a C-minus by a cast that was, mostly, much better than the material.

The only thing that made me a smile a bit was near the end, when Julianne Moore really needs a piece of information, and she tells an airlines employee, basically, "I need you to be that guy who helps me out." ... It seemed like a miniscule nod to Magnolia, but maybe I was just ready for the film to be over at that point.

Pozer

I totally thought that too. I gave the movie an F+ for that line.

NEON MERCURY

...this film would be better if dj qualls made a cameo..that makes any film better..

ono

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...this film would be better if dj qualls made a cameo..that makes any film better..
Except for The New Guy.