Ask The Gold Trumpet

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 30, 2003, 07:35:07 PM

Gold Trumpet

OK, I'm officially jealous of Film Student and Moniker Jones. I also may be very bored too. But, anyways, ask me anything. I know there is the possibility of a million threads like these going to maybe pop up soon if more people jump on the bandwagon, but what the hell. Hey, I'm egotistical and cocky enough and labeled by many to be completely pretensious as well, so why not make a thread like this. So ask questions and be ready to be dissapointed in my answers.

And I don't know how to do that nice quote thing effectively, so pay attention in looking for responces. computer illiterate, i am I Am.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Ummmm....so, what are you wearing?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

green eddie bauer t shirt, blue jeans and some unkown skater like shoes.

~rougerum

Dirk

What kind of music do you listen to?

this is fun
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

RegularKarate

Where do you plug in?

Or do you run on batteries?

Gold Trumpet

dirk,
I have no preference. All kinds but I'm a terrible music fan in hearin everything so I usually go by recommendation. As much as I got pick on for liking these bands, R.E.M and U2 have been faves for much of my earlier life. Beck's Sea Change has gotten heavy rotation lately. OutKast right now are prolly my favorite band.

Rk,
Plug what in?

~rougerum

RegularKarate

yourself...

next question, do you ever read over your posts before you hit submit?  Was there ever a time that you did and just said to yourself "that's too long" or "My my, I might be taken more seriously, if I didn't take this all so seriously"

Gold Trumpet

First: I run on my own batteries.

Second: When I feel I am getting technical and saying a lot or felt like I made a good post, then I do re read it over before hitting submit. I am always questioning my posts and really do hate the way I say most things here. Lot of the time it is the bad wording and the not get to the fucking point of it all. I then will see other people say what I said and be like, "Fuck, why didn't I think of that?" I'm really gotten into a way of writing where it is like I am talking, where I am just going off and can post long messages easily because it is all coming out so fast. And yes, I do think I am taking myself too seriously in a lot of posts. I usually don't realize this until after the post has been submitted and got all the feedback and I read it again and get mad at myself for how I presented what I wanted to say. My problem is that I am quick to say this is the best of this or that and really begin what I say with those kinds of things. I think I do well in explaining my reasons and sticking to them, but I hate how I always want to put it into a perspective that is ranking something with everything else in movie history from what I know, which is a knowledge limited anyways in a major way. Everyone here makes threads or have opinions with the greatest of and its ok, but I really say it in that official critic way. Its just that I grew up reading reviews from critics. Its not that I take any specific ideas from critics and apply what they said on a film as my own, but I have taken general knowledge and tried to use them and apply them my own way. Its ok for me to have that general knowledge of how to look at a movie to argue upon, but I need to stop labeling as a critic would and get very low key on that. And look, I already went off on a large paragraph of sorts without realizing it that much.

~rougerum

BonBon85

Do you go to UC Berkeley?

Dirk

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Gold Trumpet

Hah, I wish I did. Life would be great for me there. I'm nowhere near there though, I am in Michigan in a city that barely has over ten thousand people and isolated from all major cities literally. UC Berkley would be better for me in getting into the movie businessand would have more films for me to watch period. Again, I really do wish I could be somewhere like that.

And dirk, umm.....my foot smashing the egg?

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetSecond: When I feel I am getting technical and saying a lot or felt like I made a good post, then I do re read it over before hitting submit. I am always questioning my posts and really do hate the way I say most things here. Lot of the time it is the bad wording and the not get to the fucking point of it all. I then will see other people say what I said and be like, "Fuck, why didn't I think of that?" I'm really gotten into a way of writing where it is like I am talking, where I am just going off and can post long messages easily because it is all coming out so fast. And yes, I do think I am taking myself too seriously in a lot of posts. I usually don't realize this until after the post has been submitted and got all the feedback and I read it again and get mad at myself for how I presented what I wanted to say. My problem is that I am quick to say this is the best of this or that and really begin what I say with those kinds of things. I think I do well in explaining my reasons and sticking to them, but I hate how I always want to put it into a perspective that is ranking something with everything else in movie history from what I know, which is a knowledge limited anyways in a major way. Everyone here makes threads or have opinions with the greatest of and its ok, but I really say it in that official critic way. Its just that I grew up reading reviews from critics. Its not that I take any specific ideas from critics and apply what they said on a film as my own, but I have taken general knowledge and tried to use them and apply them my own way. Its ok for me to have that general knowledge of how to look at a movie to argue upon, but I need to stop labeling as a critic would and get very low key on that. And look, I already went off on a large paragraph of sorts without realizing it that much.

~rougerum
so what ur saying is:
"yeah i reread what i say but i just hav no control over my sentence structure. the excuses i tell myself are no different than anyone else's history with film, mostly i just can't CAN'T say things shorter. it might be a medical condition, a form of obsessive compulsive disorder if u will. unless i say everything like a textbook i will surely be misunderstood, and that's just plain nutty."
under the paving stones.

Pozer

I got two

1) what is The Gold Trumpet (forgive me if you've already explained before)?

2) I always haveta ask, what are your top 3 favorite movies?

SoNowThen

I got one for ya, GT:

Name the two movies where Nick Nolte quotes Homer (the Greek, not Bart's dad).
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gold Trumpet

P, What I'm saying is that I am not imaginative enough to come up with sentence structure the way others around here do and am acting like I know everything on certain occasions when that is far from the truth. I'm still learning.

~rougerum