White Stripes - Maximum

Started by bonanzataz, January 08, 2003, 09:27:16 PM

bonanzataz

What's this all about? I have to admit, I was a HUGE fan of De Stijl and I really liked White Blood Cells, and I was anticipating their next release. Amazon says Maximum was released this December, but availability is 5-7 days, nobody's reviewed it, there's no picture, and the sales rank is only 4,209. What's the dealy-yo, yo?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

spooooooooon guaaaaarrrddd

edit: what's with bbcode not accepting strikethrough.  strikethrough is a must have

Jeremy Blackman

Well, I don't see it here, so I think you're out of luck. Ugh, and that was, like, your signature! Ugh.

Dirk

Usually CDs titled Maximum are just interview CDs with the band with a booklet with pictures. Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead and other larger group have Maximum CDs out.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Xixax

Quote from: JeremyBlackmanWell, I don't see it here, so I think you're out of luck. Ugh, and that was, like, your signature! Ugh.

Try it with HTML. I think it'll work now.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

TenseAndSober

Speaking of The White Stripes...there's so many good bands comong out of Detroit,  I've just started getting into The Dirtbombs and Detroit Cobras.  They both sound like older bands of the sixtys maybe, but modernized into a blend of punk n soul flavor... but basically its all kick ass rock n roll.......  The Soledad Brothers and Von Bondies kick ass too. (to name a few).  Also Jack White is producing a band called Whirlwind Heat...I believe he called them the new Devo...havent heared anything from them yet.

SHAFTR

White Stripes are coming out with an album this spring, I believe.  It is called White Elephant (or maybe just Elephant).  Meg sings on one of the songs too.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

picolas

i'd like to take this opportunity to say that i feel the song "Fell in Love with a Girl" sucks lollies.

thank you.

Dirk

Quote from: SHAFTRWhite Stripes are coming out with an album this spring, I believe.  It is called White Elephant (or maybe just Elephant).  Meg sings on one of the songs too.

That entire album is now on the internet after it has leaked. And it's gonna be called just "Elephant" and will have six different covers for the album for different areas of the world.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

phil marlowe

What's with the hype? I saw The White Stripes live once and they were close to terrible!

Over-fucking-rated.

joke08

love the white stripes.
we used to play them all the time on my college radio station, but not anymore since they were on mtv (we are huge snobs, quintessential college radio) so technically I guess i'm not supposed to like them anymore.
I dig the new song, 7 nation army.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

Sleuth

I love the  White Stripes so much man, the energy just leaps out at you, and not in a brainless way.  Simple but not brainless.
I like to hug dogs

TenseAndSober

I fucking love The White Stripes.  I have all their albums and love each one...Elephant is amazing.  Jack White is a genius.  And I think I'm in love Meg.  I have to see them live one day.

Pedro

Quote from: TenseAndSoberI fucking love The White Stripes.  I have all their albums and love each one...Elephant is amazing.  Jack White is a genius.  And I think I'm in love Meg.  I have to see them live one day.
I don't think they're anything genius but it's some fresh groovy diggable music.  Elephant is great, it really is.