Battlestar Galactica

Started by meatball, June 12, 2005, 09:40:42 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Raikus on October 11, 2006, 09:45:04 AM
I don't want to say much to ruin anything for you, but when you see the 2nd season finale and the 3rd season premiere, you will read your post and just shake your head at how wrong you were.

Seriously, biggest turn around of a nose dive (as the 2nd have of the second season had some really bad episodes. I'm looking at you "Black Market") into a fucking rocket takeoff. Just hurry up and catch up. Evidently you and I are the only ones that watch this show on the board.

Good to hear, really... cause it was Black Market that made me think this show had just lost all merrit (and the following couple episodes didn't help). 
I'll definitely finish out the season.

MacGuffin

Battlestar Renewed For Season 4

SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its Peabody-winning original series Battlestar Galactica, ordering 13 new episodes. Production will resume this summer in Vancouver, Canada, with an eye toward a January 2008 premiere.

The decision comes after the series' successful move to a new 10 p.m. timeslot on Sundays. Since moving, Battlestar Galactica's audience has grown over its third-season average by 8 percent in total viewers, by double digits in female viewers, by 19 percent in the show's target demographic of adults aged 18-49 and by 14 percent in adults 25-54. The Jan. 28 episode, "Taking a Break From All Your Worries," delivered 2.5 million total viewers and 1.6 million adults 18-49, the largest audience for any episode since the season-two premiere.

"We're thrilled to bring Battlestar back for another season," Mark Stern, SCI FI's executive vice president of programming, said in a statement. "This series has delivered on every level, from the writing to the acting to the production values. SCI FI is proud to be the home of the best show on television."

The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio and is executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Its cast is led by Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. Battlestar recently returned with the second half of its third original season, immediately following SCI FI's newest original series, The Dresden Files.

"While we never had any doubt that SCI FI would get behind a fourth season of Battlestar, it's thrilling to finally make it official, and for Ron and I to continue using this great genre to investigate the darker corners of society, politics and humanity," executive producer David Eick said in a statement.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Next 'Battlestar' season will be the series' last
Source: Hollywood Reporter

The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers will make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there - we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi's executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

"We are proud to have been the home of this groundbreaking show," he said. "We have always known that Ron and David had a plan for 'Galactica' and trust that fans can look forward to a truly amazing final season."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, the show's star Edward James Olmos was quoted saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made. "I promise you that when Ron and I make a decision about 'Galactica's' future, we'll let you know," Eick said at the time.

"Battlestar," which stars Olmos, Katee Sackhoff, Mary McDonnell and Jamie Bamber, is produced by NBC Universal TV Studio.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

DAMMIT!  I did it again!  First Veronica Mars, now this!  I JUST started watching the miniseries last night!

Stop me before I kill again...

Pubrick

Quote from: sparrowhoff on June 01, 2007, 06:31:02 AM
DAMMIT!  I did it again!  First Veronica Mars, now this!  I JUST started watching the miniseries last night!

Stop me before I kill again...

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2334.0
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

No good.  In order for it to work, I would have to LIKE the show too, not just watch it.  Trust me, I just watched an entire season of American Idol solely because of my infatuation with Jordin Sparks and the best that did was make the finale's ratings dip slightly from last year's. 

Raikus

Please don't kill off any of my other favorite shows. Although that pretty much just leaves Rescue Me.

In all fairness I already knew the 4th season was the final. Moore stated it in one of the commentary podcasts a couple of months ago.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

OK, just like with Veronica Mars, I'm catching up on this show thanks to netflix, and I'm loving it.  The wife-to-be loves it too.  Just finished season 1 last night, starting on season 2.0-2.5 as soon as those discs go back.

I feel appropriately dumb for not watching this show when season 1 first aired but I don't blame myself.  I blame those shitty Sci-Fi Channel movies with the horrible effects and worse stories.  Sure, the commercials for BSG looked good but I couldn't believe that they had the ability to produce something of actual quality, let alone this caliber quality.

So now that I've caught up on this thread, I know to keep an eye out for the Black Market episode in season 2.  But how is season 3, Raikus?

Raikus

The beginning of Season 3 is perhaps (and I don't say this lightly) the best two hours of any television show ever created. It keeps the steam going for a few episodes and then quasi-reverts back to late season 2 about mid-way through. Nothing as bad as Black Market, but some so-so episodes. Then it picks up again for the finale arc.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

picolas

Black Market caused me to stop watching for a few months. now i'm back on the trolley.

grand theft sparrow

Can someone put this in Lost terms for me?  Is that episode comparable to, say, Stranger in a Strange Land?

YAAAY!

i don't even remember what Black Market was about. something about medicines and guns.  in my opinion, the worst episode is called 'final cut', the one with the warrior princess. 'scar' was ugly too.  i really enjoyed the last episode of season 2.5.

i like this show, but it's kinda unbearable whenever baltar, TOM ZAREK,  the XO, or EJO aren't onscreen.

who are your favourite characters?

context, context, context.

Ghostboy

I don't know Lost, but I can tell you that you can skip Black Market and your opinion of the series as a whole will probably be better than if you had watched it. It's just a nuiscance of a filler episode.

Final Cut was awful, too, but Lucy Lawless' character did play in nicely later in the series.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ghostboy on July 09, 2007, 06:58:09 PM
I don't know Lost, but I can tell you that you can skip Black Market and your opinion of the series as a whole will probably be better than if you had watched it. It's just a nuiscance of a filler episode.

Final Cut was awful, too, but Lucy Lawless' character did play in nicely later in the series.

but Black Market kind of gets you ready for future disapointments... not that it necessarily gets that bad again, but then the rest of the mediocre episodes don't seem as bad in comparison.

Stefen

This thread looks like Geddy Lee.

And whats that weird layer or orange around the edges? Has someone been eating cheetos?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.