New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 04, 2007, 06:01:25 PM
Quote from: bigideas on August 04, 2007, 03:49:12 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 03, 2007, 11:41:55 AM
Why is there no love for Barry Lyndon and Lolita, Warner Bros?

exactly.
Strangelove has had special editions out the butt lately, and Sparticus is taken care of, but i don't see why they can't hold on to the rest for the time being and make a second box set and then a small release for the early, lesser desired stuff.

Killer's Kiss/The Killing/Paths/Lolita/Barry would make a great set in my opinion as well.
From dvdaficionado.com I saw that there is going to be a deluxed DVD of Barry Lyndon and Lolita released on the same day as the others (10/23) but I don't know the details....
here are the links that go to the preorders of BL and lolita...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UJ48VI/dvdaficionado
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UJ48SQ/dvdaficionado

where do you get the 'deluxe' distinction?
the press release said they were releasing dvd's of both on the same day, but with no extras or anything.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on August 04, 2007, 08:20:52 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 04, 2007, 06:01:25 PM
Quote from: bigideas on August 04, 2007, 03:49:12 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 03, 2007, 11:41:55 AM
Why is there no love for Barry Lyndon and Lolita, Warner Bros?

exactly.
Strangelove has had special editions out the butt lately, and Sparticus is taken care of, but i don't see why they can't hold on to the rest for the time being and make a second box set and then a small release for the early, lesser desired stuff.

Killer's Kiss/The Killing/Paths/Lolita/Barry would make a great set in my opinion as well.
From dvdaficionado.com I saw that there is going to be a deluxed DVD of Barry Lyndon and Lolita released on the same day as the others (10/23) but I don't know the details....
here are the links that go to the preorders of BL and lolita...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UJ48VI/dvdaficionado
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UJ48SQ/dvdaficionado

where do you get the 'deluxe' distinction?
the press release said they were releasing dvd's of both on the same day, but with no extras or anything.
I saw it on DVDaficionado....I don't know it could be bullshit...I'll look more into it and call some people I know.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I got some new info and apparently the shining two disc is going to have the 119 minute cut of the film and not the longer version. I don't know if that's good or bad.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 15, 2007, 07:33:11 AM
I got some new info and apparently the shining two disc is going to have the 119 minute cut of the film and not the longer version. I don't know if that's good or bad.

well that's the international cut of the film, which makes sense as that's probably where they'll make most their money. also it goes with the international cut of EWS.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pubrick on August 15, 2007, 08:47:29 AM

well that's the international cut of the film, which makes sense as that's probably where they'll make most their money. also it goes with the international cut of EWS.

is the international the most circulated one?
(if memory serves correctly, there was a version with a scene with danny after jack freezes?)

Pozer

i had a dream i ordered this set but when it arrived, it was the archive book instead.  my 2nd book with 2nd film strip.  this time i got the cut to kubrick credit one and was so exited.  someone (a weird acquaintance) traded me the 2nd book for the DVDs and when i went to watch them, i realized they were an old DVD 5 pack i got with my old DVD player.  fools rosh in and Get Shoty are all i recall.  but the worst part was, i left the strip in the book.  when i went to try and get it back, the acquaintance was now my brother who said he traded me that for my star wars figurines for his kids, didn't know anything about kubrick book. fiiivve dollaauurs? gettouttaheerre,...//

Fernando

Quote from: bigideas on August 15, 2007, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on August 15, 2007, 08:47:29 AM

is the international the most circulated one?

I don't know about that but it is by far the best version.

Quote from: bigideas on August 15, 2007, 11:11:33 AM
(if memory serves correctly, there was a version with a scene with danny after jack freezes?)

I remember reading about some ppl claiming to having seen that scene when it was first released in NYC, then by next week it was cut from the film; Shelley Duvall has said that she regreted SK cut it because it kind of tied in the meaning of the tennis ball, the scene was in a hospital and Stuar Ullman showed there and after a chit chat with Wendy he gave the tennis ball to Danny, then it cut to the famous 1921 framed picture.

tpfkabi

i just looked at my 'restored and remastered' dvd and the length is 142 mins.
that's some serious editing there.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

yeah, as far as i can recall, this is the one i watched as a kid, only i distinctly remember the scene with danny and the child psychologist, which imdb says isn't in that cut. when the dvd came out and all these new scenes started popping up, i was all, wtf, this shit isn't in the movie. now i don't know if i can enjoy the movie as much without it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cowboykurtis

The New Box Set claims to have a never-before-seen featurette for Full Metal Jacket. Does anyone know if this is the long-anticipated, never-before-seen footage that vivian kubrick shot on set? Some of this footage can be seen in the Jan Harlan doc. I believe she shot it for an intended BBC special, as she did for The Shining. If that doc is on the disc, its worth the purchase alone.

anyone have any info on this?....
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

YOU'RE ALIVE!

Quote from: Pubrick on August 15, 2007, 12:42:43 AM
to replace bergman..

Stina Nordenstam cowboykurtis: STILL ALIVE
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks