The Terminal

Started by modage, July 17, 2003, 12:11:39 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: mutinycoYou must be faking quotes...  :shock:

dick
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Duderino

Alethia

spielberg looks alot older than he should, he's only like 57

cine

Quote from: ewardspielberg looks alot older than he should, he's only like 57
Same with Kumar and he's only 23.

El Duderino

Ravi

SHAFTR

I heard that the opening scene of The Terminal is an homage to Tati's Playtime.  That excites me.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

The Silver Bullet

I would have liked it more if they'd not turned what is, really, quite a melancholy and sad true story into, you know...a "Rom Com".
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Alethia

trailers are quite often misleading, save the judgements for the day you see the film

The Silver Bullet

I'm basing my pre-screening opinion on the fact that it stars Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones, was directed by Steven Spielberg, written by the guy who wrote the light [but wonderful] Catch Me If You Can...and yet somehow, is "based" on the terribly sad story of a refugee immigrant to France who's been living at the airport for twenty years 'cause no-one'll give him a Visa.

They've Hollywood-ised the story to the "N"-th degree!

That said, I await this picture with an otherwise unmitigated zeal.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Alethia

yeah, i'm not sure if there's really a need for a love interest (but if it means catherine zeta jones, then what the hell)........still, i look forward to it

modage

it looks like an Old-Hollywood romantic comedy. (did i already say that?)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

The real guy's story isn't sad. The guy is pathological. He could've left years ago, but chose not to use the appropriate chanels. He's more interested in his strange celebrity.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Ravi

Do you have a link to the real story?  I don't know what to search for.

Does Tom Hanks only take roles these days for which he has to gain weight?

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaviDo you have a link to the real story?  I don't know what to search for.

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/airport.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks