Dogme 95 DVD's?

Started by SiliasRuby, March 11, 2004, 10:37:10 AM

SiliasRuby

Does anyone know if any of the Dogme 95 films are ever going to be on DVD? I'd really like to know and I would appreciate any comments on the subject.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

rustinglass

there are many editions of region 2 dogme-film dvd's. You'll have to look.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

SiliasRuby

Thanks I really appreciate it. Does anyone have any links or anything?

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: SiliasRubyDoes anyone have any links or anything?
you can buy a few of them over at amazon.co.uk on region 2 (idiots and julien donkey boy is on region 0)

festen (celebration)

idiots (lars von trier)

julien donkey boy

that's all the titles i can think of.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

SiliasRuby

My Collection

bonanzataz

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: SiliasRubyDoes anyone have any links or anything?
you can buy a few of them over at amazon.co.uk on region 2 (idiots and julien donkey boy is on region 0)

festen (celebration)

idiots (lars von trier)

julien donkey boy

that's all the titles i can think of.

is nobody listening to me? amazon is not letting you buy dvd's from europe if you live in america. they will not ship there.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: taz.is nobody listening to me? amazon is not letting you buy dvd's from europe if you live in america. they will not ship there.

Really? I ordered Trainspotting and Dirty Pretty Things a few months ago from them and got it quickly. Is this a new thing? I did try to order Pierrot le Fou from amazon canada, they said they had it in stock, but the order status didnt change so i cancelled it.

You can get Festen on Region o as well btw.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

bonanzataz

yes, it's new. i always used to get from amazon and i've been trying lately and they won't let me. i went to a million other websites and finally found what i'm looking for, but i'm pretty sure i just ordered two copies (i don't speak danish and got a little confused).

so, if anybody is looking for a region 2 PAL dvd of thomas vinterberg's "it's all about love" starring sean penn, joaquin phoenix, and claire danes, please let me know.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mogwai

Quote from: taz.is nobody listening to me?
no. ho ho ho.

The Obstruction

Quote from: SiliasRubyDoes anyone know if any of the Dogme 95 films are ever going to be on DVD? I'd really like to know and I would appreciate any comments on the subject.

I would like to see this one who is one of the original 4. Now there are made 10 or something like that (In denmark).
In my mind are the project dogme 95 a cool thing, but i'm concerned that it is going to be a demand, when you do movies in denmark, that they have be dogme, and not because it's a good way to make certain movies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UJBD/qid=1079095927/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-6953160-8448421
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

rustinglass

I dindn't like king is alive. That and fuckland are the worst dogmefilms I've seen
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglassThat and fuckland are the worst dogmefilms I've seen
i havn't seen The King is Alive, but i really liked Fuckland. it made me sooooooo angry cos the guy is the biggest asshole, and i really believed it was real until i saw the end. the chick is hot, in a realisitc-olivia-williams sort of hot brit way.

i think it's commendable as one of the really innovative (read cheap) dogme experiments. also i should note that i hav no problem whatsoever with shaky cameras. i don't throw up on buses like most critics apparently do, as they cry everytime a camera wobbles.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

Quote from: Pubricki don't throw up on buses like most critics apparently do, as they cry everytime a camera wobbles.

The portuguese critics love it :-D .Trier was their darling boy for ever, but now he was trashed for dogville over here, not only that, some took the opportunity to trash his other films, films that they so dearly loved when they came out. fucking hipocrits.

What about italian for begginers, does anyone else think this film rocks? I think it's one of the best romantic comedies ever. But I heard it didn't go too well with the american audiences.... I suppose it's because they didn't understand some of the best gags in the film soccer-related.
-Emir Kusturica

WorldForgot

@ono

Two questions, because I think you have the comprehensive set. 1) Do you think any films could fit under Dogme 95 if they followed every rule except that the film be Academy 35mm? ie digital. 2) Which films in the set you've been able to amass were the toughest to come-by.

Gonna watch Días de Boda soon ~