The Departed (Infernal Affairs remake)

Started by MacGuffin, February 13, 2004, 02:09:12 AM

Kal

Quote from: matt35mm on October 29, 2006, 04:51:12 PM
Yeah but come on, she had a nice ass.  The movie benefitted from that.

Exactly. It was necessary also because of that. Nicoholson, Di Caprio, Damon, Whalberg, Sheen... and only one girl and not even a big actress... it had to be done somehow.

Alexandro

yeah, she had a (PACINO IN HEAT FACE) greeeat ass!!! and she was pretty good too, her scenes were fine, i fell inlove with her, at least...

the film was a tight, superb piece of work...it's so fucking good, and it's amazing how every actor shines (which is something that also happened in the aviator). di caprio is the standout for me.

and i loved the way cell phones were intgrated into the story.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Myxo on October 29, 2006, 07:24:10 AMI really don't understand the purpose of her character in this film.

It was all for the benefit of seeing that awesome, delicious-looking cake.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 29, 2006, 09:24:46 PM
Quote from: Myxo on October 29, 2006, 07:24:10 AMI really don't understand the purpose of her character in this film.

It was all for the benefit of seeing that awesome, delicious-looking cake.

By cake, of course, you mean ass.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

hardly. when you hav such high calibre of male "hotness" on the same movie, her looks were pedestrian at best and her performance was completely dull. she's a nobody on and off the screen.

Quote from: Alexandro on October 29, 2006, 06:56:57 PM
haha come on now we're really clutching at straws if that's something to find exceptional.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: Pubrick on October 29, 2006, 09:34:23 PM
hardly. when you hav such high calibre of male "hotness" on the same movie, her looks were pedestrian at best and her performance was completely dull. she's a nobody on and off the screen.
Fine, then when you get your inevitable erection during the movie, then she's there so that you can convince yourself that it's because of the female.

But anyway, I wasn't talking about her looks in comparison to the men's.  I was talking about her ass.  (You can watch Running Scared for a clearer example of what I'm talking about)

I Love a Magician

her ass looks good pantless but in pants it appears flat and all to uninviting

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on October 29, 2006, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on October 10, 2006, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: JG on October 10, 2006, 05:56:23 PM
but facebook accounts, myspace accounts, all have been altered to include "The Departed" under favorite movies.
finally, scorsese made a movie assholes love. this generation's Scarface the new Boondock Saints
Alright, you just took it too far.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Alexandro

Quote from: Pubrick on October 29, 2006, 09:34:23 PM

Quote from: Alexandro on October 29, 2006, 06:56:57 PM
haha come on now we're really clutching at straws if that's something to find exceptional.
"well, pardon me all over the place" -- cape fear

and both her ass and her acting were above decent.

SoNowThen

Being a pretty big (documented) Marty fan... I thought my comments might be worthwhile here. Haven't read any responses to this, except those directly above my own post. So I'll get this out of the way first: if the discussion is on the women who played the shrink, she was quite attractive and delivered a very good performance.

Anyway, it's too bad Scorsese had to make this movie. It has nothing to it, really. There is no point, aside from some moments of slightly exhilerating camera/sound/editing explosions, ever watching this again. Forget saying the chick's looks were pedestrian... this MOVIE was pedestrian. Now I'm not saying it was crap -- far from it. Just, as far as flashy Hollywood movies with cool actors and gunfights go, why do we need more of them, and why do we need one of the world's greatest living directors wasting his time making them? I guess it comes down, like so much else, to cash. I thought most of the performances were interesting, and so at least Marty toppled the extreme HACKness of this screenwriter's shit-hack disease and allowed for some really nice acting to be had... really, I was worried beforehand that the too-coolness of the cast was gonna fuck it up, but that wasn't the case at all. Fine, fine, everybody's fine... but that just isn't good enough. I expect more out of MS. Not more from this film, I think he did pretty much all he could with the set-up... just why why why why why why why why do this movie in the first place?

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

that's pretty much what i said.

the chick personified the film. attractive if you really have nothing else to look at, but not even worth remembering her name.
under the paving stones.

modage

Title: The Departed
Released: 13th February 2007
SRP: $28.98 & $34.99

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced The Departed which stars Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, and Jack Nicholson. The Martin Scorsese directed film will be available to own in single ($28.98) and double-disc ($34.99) editions from the 13th February. Each will include a 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, and English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. The only extra on the single-disc will be the theatrical trailer. The two-disc special edition will include that, along with nine additional scenes with introductions by Martin Scorsese, a Story of the Boston Mob featurette, and a Creating Criminal Cultures featurette.

GIANT FUCKING FACE ARTWORK & OTHERWISE HERE: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-departed.html

Film Geeks,
We hate you! 

Sincerely,
WB

ok, this is what i'm talking about.  2 discs where the only extras are deleted scenes, two featurettes and a trailer?  they couldnt have just had one version and thrown that all on 1 disc?  those scenes had better be like an hour of film.  no commentary, no documentary and it will probably never cost less than $20. you wont be able to get it from a video store or something cause they'll only have the 1 disc version, when best buy has big sales on buy 2 get 1 free stuff it will incl. the 1 disc version. uugh, Warner Bros i'm going to kick you in the balls.  thanks! 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

the special edition cover makes no sense.

Fernando

Quote from: modage on December 19, 2006, 07:33:44 PM
GIANT FUCKING FACE ARTWORK & OTHERWISE HERE: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-departed.html

Quote from: polkablues on August 05, 2006, 10:01:31 PM

Quote from: modage on August 05, 2006, 10:11:12 PM
i'm sure the non-teaser poster will look more similar to that, and if the dvd doesnt look EXACTLY like that it'll be a miracle.

Haha, I love that in polka's poster Leo is happy.