A Godard thread about Britney Spears

Started by Xixax, February 08, 2003, 10:38:42 PM

SoNowThen

she's just soooooo hot.....
she also needs to pose for playboy soon
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenshe's just soooooo hot.....
she also needs to pose for playboy soon

Maybe as close as she'll get:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

good sweet holy lord

THANK YOU MAC!!

(and in the Godard thread, too -- this has been one of the best Xixax days ever!)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: MacGuffinPop diva Britney Spears made herself very unpopular with Robert Redford at the Sundance Film Festival last week by her rude behavior. Spears, who was at the independent film event in order to make more cinematic contacts to boost her big screen career, attended a screening of the new Holly Hunter movie "Levity" and made her presence felt. During the film, Britney and her huge entourage chatted loudly and talked on cell phones and committed the ultimate faux-pas - they left before the movie ended. An eyewitness, who observed Redford scowling at the star, says "If looks could kill. Britney would be the deadest pop star in the world."

at least she was being honest , is it better for her to try and lok all deep and shit

fuck that , and maybe the film was a preteniouce bore

and yes in a ideal world she wouldnt be there, but the sundance of yesterday is dead folks now its like the hamptons

i hate cassavetties films, i find them to be as boring as a dog's ass to quote the great mel gibson

so someone now will read this and think i worship 2 fast 2 furious

no im just setting the new standard at xixax we shouldnt be scared to look un hip we can be honest

and fuck yeah britney that film i bet did bore you, as some films i love may bore you guys

so back the fuck off

I think Spears was a fucking idiot yesterday, she's a fucking idiot today, and she'll be a fucking idiot tomorrow. And she was lucky that the movie was Levity because I bet she would've done it for a movie like Magnolia too. Spears was disrespectful and rude during the film and it doesn't matter if she's Britney fuckin' Spears or not; she shuts her fucking mouth while she's in a fucking theatre to be respectful to NORMAL, CONSIDERATE people watching the same damn movie. Maybe she found it boring.. but just MAYBE the whole rest of the crowd didn't. So maybe she should just shut up and go out for a smoke. Or.. doesn't she just hold them for other people? Right. I always forget that.

Alethia

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: MacGuffinPop diva Britney Spears made herself very unpopular with Robert Redford at the Sundance Film Festival last week by her rude behavior. Spears, who was at the independent film event in order to make more cinematic contacts to boost her big screen career, attended a screening of the new Holly Hunter movie "Levity" and made her presence felt. During the film, Britney and her huge entourage chatted loudly and talked on cell phones and committed the ultimate faux-pas - they left before the movie ended. An eyewitness, who observed Redford scowling at the star, says "If looks could kill. Britney would be the deadest pop star in the world."

at least she was being honest , is it better for her to try and lok all deep and shit

fuck that , and maybe the film was a preteniouce bore

and yes in a ideal world she wouldnt be there, but the sundance of yesterday is dead folks now its like the hamptons

i hate cassavetties films, i find them to be as boring as a dog's ass to quote the great mel gibson

so someone now will read this and think i worship 2 fast 2 furious

no im just setting the new standard at xixax we shouldnt be scared to look un hip we can be honest

and fuck yeah britney that film i bet did bore you, as some films i love may bore you guys

so back the fuck off

I think Spears was a fucking idiot yesterday, she's a fucking idiot today, and she'll be a fucking idiot tomorrow. And she was lucky that the movie was Levity because I bet she would've done it for a movie like Magnolia too. Spears was disrespectful and rude during the film and it doesn't matter if she's Britney fuckin' Spears or not; she shuts her fucking mouth while she's in a fucking theatre to be respectful to NORMAL, CONSIDERATE people watching the same damn movie. Maybe she found it boring.. but just MAYBE the whole rest of the crowd didn't. So maybe she should just shut up and go out for a smoke. Or.. doesn't she just hold them for other people? Right. I always forget that.

agreed.

chainsmoking insomniac

That stupid bitch.  
God I hate her.  
Sorry guys.  But I really can't stand her...I can think of ten other chicks I'd rather sleep with than her, yes you heard me, I wouldn't sleep with Britney Spears.
Laugh all you want.  But that Sundance debacle's set me off....
I'll stop ranting now.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

SoNowThen

oh, I'm not talking about her intellect or film knowledge... plus in my experience the only girls i've found with decent film know-how i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

but c'mon, she's a piece of prime meat. you telling me you wouldn't use and abuse that hot body given the chance???

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonThat stupid bitch.  
God I hate her.  
Sorry guys.  But I really can't stand her...I can think of ten other chicks I'd rather sleep with than her, yes you heard me, I wouldn't sleep with Britney Spears.
I'll stop ranting now.

dude what you said is like me saying " i will never ever walk on the sun, just because i fucking hate its shape and color"

and if britney spears said to you " i want you to fuck the shit out of me" and you said no, you should be beaten

your a liar here or just trying to sound cool

yeah lets all go and try anf fuck emily watson now instead  :roll:

chainsmoking insomniac

I don't think so.  Sorry man, she just bothers me.  I have to be interested in the girl before I bang her.  
Just a slight personality quirk.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonThat stupid bitch.  
God I hate her.  
I'll stop ranting now.

dude what you said is like me saying " i will never ever walk on the sun, just because i fucking hate its shape and color"

and if britney spears said to you " i want you to fuck the shit out of me" and you said no, you should be beaten

your a liar here or just trying to sound cool

yeah lets all go and try anf fuck emily watson now instead  :roll:

Then you guys better break out the crow bars.  
Oh, and how is that sounding cool?  It sounds pathetic, and I admit that, but that's just how I feel.  

Now Emily Watson, that's the fucking ticket!  :wink:
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonI don't think so.  Sorry man, she just bothers me.  I have to be interested in the girl before I bang her.  
Just a slight personality quirk.

ohh you were punchdrunk23, now that makes sense

your a fag

chainsmoking insomniac

:lol:

God forbid I don't bang everything in sight.  There's no reason to get hostile just because my opinion differs from yours.

Yeah, I find Watson infinitely more sexier than Britney Spears.   :roll:
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

SoNowThen

alright boys, be nice...

i don't mind when other people hate hot chicks i like, just means that's one less person to compete with when i try to make them (as if that's ever gonna happen). but still, maybe i will be casting, and brit will try out, and i'll get to feel her up at least, then say "...naw... you're not right for the part"

chainsmoking insomniac

Heh-heh.  That's alot more plausible than meeting her at a club and taking her home.  Along with her "gigantic entourage".......
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en