New Dirs to add

Started by Greenaroo, January 08, 2003, 01:52:17 PM

Greenaroo

Spike Jones and Alexander Payne should immediately be added here :roll:
Check my all acid jazz Radio station called Music on Crack
http://24.103.136.104:8000/
When you get there click on Listen

Bud_Clay

agreed....and kevin smith and richard kelly immediately deleted. hahah, oh i'm not gonna win any popularity contest with that.

Arnold Drummond

How about some David Lynch action?

Maybe David Fincher...The Coen Brothers...Christopher Nolan...
I don't know.

Tommy Both

Truffaut/Godard, the NEW WAVE bunch  :wink:
and yeah: COENS for real!!!

btw: With his triple-bill comin' up this/next year: where is the Q man ?? I mean.... Come October, KILL BILL is gonna WOOP all our asses!

Xixax

Well, I actually just pulled a few of my favorites (and two that I think suck ass) out of thin air to get things started. That's why I'm looking to you guys for some suggestions.

Obviously we don't want to go overboard with too many directors, but a dozen or so biggies should be good. I am sure that within a few days we'll have a grip on who we need to initially add.

I was afraid Kelly wouldn't make the cut.  :oops:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Greenaroo

Donnie Darko is great but if you only want 12 or so directors he should be off the list.
Also I agree with The Coen Bros being a must
Check my all acid jazz Radio station called Music on Crack
http://24.103.136.104:8000/
When you get there click on Listen

budgie

I agree, Lynch, the Coens, and no Kevin Smith or R.Kelly.

I would have Richard Linklater, but I may be alone.

Will there be a rotation?

Kubrick is gonna be evrywhere else like a rash anyway. Ooh, really excited to see how tiny tiny is...

Edit: ooh, fuck yeah Fincher of course.

ElPandaRoyal

The Coens and Woody Allen. Just my opinion....
Si

Xixax

Added a few, killed a few, moved a little...

And deleted the poll from this message because a: it was a little out of place, and b: I wanted to see how this new software does its magic.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Xixax

How about Todd Solondz.

Yeah, that would fill up really quick.

:shock:
[/size]

Bud_Clay

Yah!...Todd Solondz definitely....i would also say Neil LaBute to go along with Solondz except I saw "posession"...It's tragic that one film can do such a thing to a director with so much potential.

I'm also going to have to second Truffaut...How about adding Akira Kurosawa as well!...and Jim Jarmusch!!!

sphinx

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodYah!...Todd Solondz definitely....i would also say Neil LaBute to go along with Solondz except I saw "posession"...It's tragic that one film can do such a thing to a director with so much potential.

I'm also going to have to second Truffaut...How about adding Akira Kurosawa as well!...and Jim Jarmusch!!!

i think mikey was being sarcastic

um.  that's a lot of categories.

Duck Sauce

TenseAndSober

DEFINETLEY ALEXANDER PAYNE  AND SPIKE JONZE....
WOODY ALLEN TOO

budgie

Come on, Aronofsky out
              Fincher in