Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Jeremy Blackman

sphinx

some caps from the video i sent in...it was filmed in DV

i animated BHOT in a mad fury when i had the flu, it seems i animate best when i'm sick.  i did get halfway through my second animated short, but i just haven't had time to finish it.  it's really tough

BonBon85

Looks great Sphinx! I'd love to see the vid... post it if you get a chance!

Duck Sauce

Looks a tad Punch Drunk Lovey Sphinx,

nice

Pubrick

rumored cover for There There..

i say v cool. vee.
under the paving stones.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Victor

its fuckin terrific.

tv is slightly larger than god.
are you gonna eat with us too?

tpfkabi

yeah, Stanley and Tchocky never seem to disappoint with the artwork. the amnesiac book is great. there's going to be a special addition with HTTT as well. i was thinking the artwork would be happy since the recording sessions went so well, but i guess that's pretty happy compared to the kid a and amnesiac artwork. can't wait for the special edition.

does anyone have MPIE on DVD? i believe there's no extras, right? i wondered if it was in 5.1, widescreen? that film needs a special edition with some of the live cut footage like with the wilco dvd (i've yet to get that either).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

tpfkabi

looking through the thread.........is there still a site with b-sides up?

i'm really just wanting good quality versions of cuttouth, amazing sounds of orgy, how i made my millions(although i think it's not too great to begin with since thom recorded it with a minidisc).

at one time i wanted to try and get all the fans together and make a disc compilation of all the b-sides burned from actually copies owned by fans. there were tons of bends b-sides.....i guess most of the okc b-sides ended up on the Airbag EP.

i have the college ep and one of the 2 singles for knives out and street spirit....i really don't want to put songs that are on the My Iron Lung EP since that is readily available. i have the Airbag EP, but i think that has been out of print for a while.

but if anyone wants to try, i guess i can put up a site on geocities. i tried to before and no one really wanted to.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Duck Sauce

I like it, but not enough for a album cover, something about the colors arent doing it for me. I still think its cool though.

Dirk

You can apparently hear the final, mixed version of the album here. It takes a bit of scrolling around to find.

Also, here is some news on the Sigur Ros/Radiohead collaboration (from ateastweb.com): "As reported earlier on ateaseweb.com Radiohead and Sigur Ros will create new music for the Merce Cunningham Dance Company's piece "Split Sides," which will debut Oct. 14 at New York's Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM). Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood reveals to Billboard.com that on opening night, each group will perform 20 minutes of live music with a twist: the dancers "won't have heard the music until they start."

"It is raising lots of interesting problems about what dance music is," Greenwood admits. "We're talking about the bands crossing from one to the other or sorting out a structure. It could be interesting. Maybe we'll all kind of surprise each other and do the opposite kind of music that we're known for."

"Split Sides" will also be staged Oct. 16-18 at BAM, with the dancers performing to a combination of pre-recorded music and live musicians attempting to recreate the Radiohead and Sigur Ros compositions. A similar arrangement will be utilized when Cunningham's troupe performs the piece elsewhere.

"Musicians copying what we're doing sounds bizarre to me," says Greenwood. "I feel for them! We only just know what we're doing. I'm sure it will be easy for them, but it just might be a bit weird.'"
[/url]

sphinx

Quote from: DirkYou can apparently hear the final, mixed version of the album here. It takes a bit of scrolling around to find.

that site doesn't seem to be working :\

RegularKarate

Ja, dieser Aufstellungsort scheint nicht zu arbeiten

Dirk

Quote from: RegularKarateJa, dieser Aufstellungsort scheint nicht zu arbeiten

Exactly.