Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

Yes

hopefully trailer within next 2 weeks, I can't wait much longer!

Anyway, those 3hr+ rumors are nothing more than rumors: the film has been locked for a while now, so hopefully we start hearing word about screenings

csage97

Hmmm ... it's Monday, prime trailer-posting day. They'd better post a trailer by noon California time or else ... or else ... I will be slightly upset!

Drenk

I remember wanting a trailer for Inherent Vice and it was dreadful, but, come on, we don't need it. And I won't watch this one. I don't want to have a peak to the mood/the look/anything. Let's happily wait for what is coming. It is coming. :)
Ascension.

csage97

Quote from: Drenk on October 16, 2017, 10:22:10 AM
I remember wanting a trailer for Inherent Vice and it was dreadful, but, come on, we don't need it. And I won't watch this one. I don't want to have a peak to the mood/the look/anything. Let's happily wait for what is coming. It is coming. :)

Yeah, I was being sarcastic (which is why I said, "slightly upset!"), but I guess sarcasm doesn't always come across well on the internet. PTA can take as much time as he wants with a trailer. He could even not release one at all and I'd be fine with that. :P But I do want a peak at the general tone and cinematography. I'm super excited for this one because the photography, direction, and story is ALL PTA. It's not often a film of this budget and quality gets made with all of these things overseen by one person. Plus Daniel Day Lewis .... Anyway, I'm off topic now.  :doh:

wilberfan

Part of me is really curious to see a trailer, but, yeah....if they didn't release one at all I'd be fine with that.

budwillies

Quote from: wilberfan on October 16, 2017, 02:27:48 PM
Part of me is really curious to see a trailer, but, yeah....if they didn't release one at all I'd be fine with that.

You would be fine with absolutely no marketing? Hopefully, they release a trailer this week.

wilberfan

Quote from: budwillies on October 16, 2017, 03:32:27 PM

You would be fine with absolutely no marketing? Hopefully, they release a trailer this week.

From my own personal perspective, yes, I would.  Now, of course they need to market the film, but if I was not allowed to see a trailer, etc, before actually watching the film?  Yeah, that'd be fine.

polkablues

DANIEL DAY LEWIS
IN HIS FINAL ROLE EVER
PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON'S EROTIC MASTERPIECE
PHANTOM THREAD

The marketing writes itself, and barely even has to give us a glimpse of the actual movie. The fact that we're not already seeing DDL's face plastered on every wall in New York and LA means everyone involved in releasing this movie is allergic to both money and Oscars.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Did the inherent vice script leak beforehand? Or is this the first PTA script since PDL that hasn't leaked?

budwillies

I don't know if it is official or not but a Twitter page and Facebook page was created for Phantom Thread.  Hopefully, a trailer drops tomorrow  :shock:

chere mill

The Film Stage just tweeted "The first trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson's #PhantomThread has been finished and runs 2 minutes & 16 seconds. Check back soon."

wilberfan

Quote from: chere mill on October 19, 2017, 11:23:37 AM
The Film Stage just tweeted "The first trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson's #PhantomThread has been finished and runs 2 minutes & 16 seconds. Check back soon."

Some of the replies are fun:  https://twitter.com/TheFilmStage/status/920978422398115840

Yes

greenberryhill

Robyn

i'm going to bed soon. see you in the morning, trailer.

(please work)