Roar

Started by jenkins, April 09, 2015, 10:07:28 PM

jenkins

i completely agree with me being the one to make this topic

drafthouse
1981 movie, being released this month in limited probs vod also
e.g. of actors: tippi hedren, melanie griffith
director: was cowriter and produced other movies (exec produced the exorcist)

QuoteInjuries
Over 70 of the cast and crew were injured during the production of this film. Cinematographer Jan de Bont had his scalp lifted by a lion, resulting in 220 stitches. Tippi Hedren received a fractured leg and also had scalp wounds. This occurred after an elephant bucked her off its back while she was riding it. She was also bitten in the neck by a lion and required 38 stitches. This incident can also be seen in the film. Melanie Griffith (Hedren's daughter) was also attacked, receiving 50 stitches to her face; it was feared she may lose an eye but in the end the wound was not disfiguring. Noel was attacked so many times that he eventually was diagnosed with gangrene. One of those incidents, he was clawed by a cheetah when protecting the animals during a bushfire that occured in 1979. All animals were evacuated, though it took several years for him to recover from his injuries. Due to the injuries, turnover was high as many did not want to return to the set. Some of the lions also suffered from illnesses that reduced their population. John Marshall was bitten by one of the lions and required 56 stitches. His brother Jerry was bitten in the foot while wearing tennis shoes. He later jokingly said the lion had a "tennis shoe fetish." Assistant Director Doron Kauper had his throat bitten open, his jaw was bitten, and one of the lions attempted to rip an ear off. He was also injured in the head, chest, and thigh. Although it has been reported that the attack nearly proved fatal, a newspaper in the Santa Cruz Sentinel from July 9, 1978 printed a quote from a nurse saying his injuries were acute. He was also reported as being conscious and in a fair condition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roar_(1981_film)

jenkins

like if you thought birdemic was bullshit because it was bullshit and everything, but thought maybe it could've been great some other way, this is that movie you dreamed of. except it's better since also these lions major chill all the time. there's a swarming pack of madchill lions and sometimes they cat-and-mouse playaround which seems frightening if you don't get it but there's a guy who'll explain and i tell ya, i, tell, ya, if you miss it you're missing out

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, this trailer probably should have been included in the Xixax Awards, honestly.

I'm wondering if they show actual blood etc. in the film. That would be unpleasant.