my meaning less theory on why ......

Started by prophet, May 16, 2004, 05:28:55 PM

Alethia

ElPandaRoyal

But get a room so you can love each other in peace.
Si

El Duderino

that theory is stupid, you should be ashamed for creating an entire thread dedicated to it

:wink:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Scorchoz

I thought it was Marsellus's soul in the suitcase.
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

jasper_window

Quote from: El ScorchozI thought it was Marsellus's soul in the suitcase.

It is.  Ebert did a 3 or 4 day viewing with a film class in colorado, and that's what they came up with.  Wallace has the band aid on the back of his head, which is where you're soul is taken from.  The soul is supposed to be the most beautiful thing anyone has seen (travolta is mesmorized by it).  The combo on the briefcase is 666, suggesting Wallace is the devil, lost his soul (in a briefcase of course, where else would it be?) and wants it back.  Now how 3 stupid, wimpy looking nerds got a hold of it is another question entirely.

Pubrick

Quote from: jasper_window Now how 3 stupid, wimpy looking nerds got a hold of it is another question entirely
...and hopefully not one that will be asked a million times a day for 10 years straight.
under the paving stones.

jasper_window

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: jasper_window Now how 3 stupid, wimpy looking nerds got a hold of it is another question entirely
...and hopefully not one that will be asked a million times a day for 10 years straight.

hopefully not

modage

Quote from: jasper_window
Quote from: El ScorchozI thought it was Marsellus's soul in the suitcase.

It is.  Ebert did a 3 or 4 day viewing with a film class in colorado, and that's what they came up with.  Wallace has the band aid on the back of his head, which is where you're soul is taken from.  The soul is supposed to be the most beautiful thing anyone has seen (travolta is mesmorized by it).  The combo on the briefcase is 666, suggesting Wallace is the devil, lost his soul (in a briefcase of course, where else would it be?) and wants it back.  Now how 3 stupid, wimpy looking nerds got a hold of it is another question entirely.
yeah but somewhere they said the bandaid was just to cover up something on his neck.  the 666 was probably just cause he thought it'd add mystery and so was the glow because even he didnt know what the hell was in it.  but like, they said its really a macguffin and not the point.  (although fun to argue and debate over even 10 years later), thats still my favorite theory.  but i think QT has stated it was not his intent.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

from imdb:

Tarantino has said that the band-aid on the back of Marsellus Wallace's neck had nothing to do with an allusion to the Devil stealing Marsellus's soul... but that the actor Ving Rhames had a scar on the back of his neck he wanted to cover up.