what dvd from your collection are you most proud of?

Started by cron, December 21, 2003, 01:49:28 PM

sickfins

perhaps you'd like me to burn you a copy

:yabbse-lamp:

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quoteand the 20 criterions that my friend gives me for free (i just got le cercle rouge and the antoine doinel box set...ROCKIN!). and all the free dvd's that accidentally got shipped to my house.

1) Why did your friend give you 20 free criterions?

2) What is his name and where does he stay?

3) Did you know that a Walrus's favorite food is bottom dwelling invertebrates? Other dietary items include tunicates, fish, and the occasional seal. Walruses will sometimes also feed on the carcasses of dead whales.

My dvd of choice.... All the Real Girls (nicest cover design)

chris

cine

Quote from: mogwaistop steeling sheit from the c&c sayt.
I hope that wasn't directed at me 'cause I've never been.

hedwig

Another thread revival  :!:

I have a DVD called "THE MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES", a James Cagney-starring Lon Chaney biopic. It is out of print. It's not in mint condition, the case is slightly worn. I don't know how much my copy would be worth, but in perfect condition, the film goes for 144 bucks on Amazon right now.

modage

thats crazy.  movie is kinda silly, i saw it on TCM last year around now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: HedwigAnother thread revival  :!:

I have a DVD called "THE MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES", a James Cagney-starring Lon Chaney biopic. It is out of print. It's not in mint condition, the case is slightly worn. I don't know how much my copy would be worth, but in perfect condition, the film goes for 144 bucks on Amazon right now.

Isn't Robert Evans in this?
...your excuses are your own...

hedwig

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Other than my Criterions, I protect my UCB DVD as I watch it religiously.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: HedwigIt's not in mint condition, the case is slightly worn.

You can replace the case.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: HedwigIt's not in mint condition, the case is slightly worn.

You can replace the case.

Unfortunately it's a snapcase.

Rudie Obias

i'm very proud of my criterion collection #65 signed by wes anderson and jason schwartzman copy of RUSHMORE.  and my BATTLE ROYALE because i got way back in 2002 before anyone i know ever head of it.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: flagpolespecial
i'm also pretty proud of my legimate french edition of ken park.

Quote from: flagpolespecialthere are movies in my dvd collection that have gotten me laid. and that's no joke.

you must be into freaks

picolas

the only edition in existence with an actual lock of hair from the principal wig

(hidden underneath the insert)

penfold0101

My Criterion Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, I had to spend a bit of time finding this little guy here in the UK, I think its probably the best quality sound and picture of any DVD I own.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.