Samuel Fuller

Started by Alethia, December 01, 2004, 06:37:22 PM

Alethia

i think they found the film itself racist given that it was about dogs trained to attack blacks.  god forbid they actually see it for themselves though.

rustinglass

that's truly retarded. it's like saying schindler's list is fascist propaganda given that it's about nazis concentrating and killing the jews.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

bonanzataz

we just learned about sam fuller in class today and i got really interested in him. we're going to be watching pickup next tuesday and then i plan to watch a shitload of his films over xmas break (however, anytime i plan to watch a shitload of films, i end up watching only 3).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Title: The Big Red One
Released: 3rd May 2005
SRP: $26.99

Further Details
Warner has officially announced a two-disc special edition of The Big Red One which stars Lee Marvin. "The real glory of war," Samuel Fuller said, "is surviving." A decorated combatant with the famed U.S. First Infantry in WWII, Fuller survived. His 1980 film version of his war experiences did not until now. Working with 70,000 feet of vault materials and Fuller's shooting script, critic/filmmaker Richard Schickel heads a reconstruction that adds over 40 minutes and transforms a truncated but admired war film into an epic masterwork. Lee Marvin, in a richly layered performance now revealed as one of his finest, stars as the sergeant of peach-fuzzed riflemen fighting from North Africa to Normandy and across Europe. The film is the squad's combat diary, war as it's fought and sweated and bled, and, maybe, survived. As well as a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include an audio commentary, documentaries, additional scenes, a photo gallery and a TV spot. Artwork is VERY COOL at the link below: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5807&n=1&burl=
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

Gold Trumpet

also, fox will release forty guns this year. $14.95 is likely retail price. seriously, this may be the title to get for all fuller fans.

Alethia

i actually saw forty guns a couple of days ago on vhs and it was really really great.  do you know of any possible date yet?

and i also wanna say, that for all fuller fans, PARK ROW is definitely the title to get, if it ever gets fucking released to dvd!!

cine

Quote from: ewardi actually saw forty guns a couple of days ago on vhs and it was really really great.  do you know of any possible date yet?
May 24th.

modage

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetfuller fans.
Quote from: ewardfuller fans
i'd like to know where these people you guys are talking about are located, because there only seems to be about 5 of us in the thread so they sure aint here!  :yabbse-wink:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

ahh, it's their loss, right?

Gold Trumpet

cine

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetgreat artwork here for The Big Red One:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5807&n=1&burl=
yeah i think mod already showed us that..

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: The Gold Trumpetgreat artwork here for The Big Red One:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5807&n=1&burl=
yeah i think mod already showed us that..

I missed it

Alethia

but we can all agree that it is pretty great.

modage

all us fuller fans, anyways.