Matt Is Doing A U.S. Road Trip And Wants To Meet YOU!

Started by matt35mm, June 12, 2009, 09:20:12 PM

Reinhold

well i know i'm late to this party, but i know where i'll be during your trip now. If you want to come crash on my couch that'd be nice. i live in manhattan.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

matt35mm

Hey, that could be really cool!  I really want to stay or at least meet up with everyone who's offered but I haven't organized any specific schedule or order to it yet.  I will be in the NYC area from Sept. 26 to Oct. 4, approximately.  Um... any of those days particularly convenient for you?  I will send you my number when I get an American phone.

Reinhold

Matt is a pleasure to hang out with--  thoughtful and interesting guy. I'm very glad he was able to come through and crash here.

have fun on the rest of your trip, Matt.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

children with angels

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

matt35mm

Thanks guys! I had a great time hanging out with you and am grateful for your hospitality!

Neil

Are you taking pictures with everyone, YOU SHOULD!!!

Add them here.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

Seriously, take pictures and record your planned trip on a map with pins or something.

Notes!  This is the closest we'll ever come to having a XIXAX meet up.

The Perineum Falcon

Yeah, and keep us posted on your itinerary. There've been some sudden changes in my living situation that should be worked out towards November. Any idea when you'll be in my town?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reinhold

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2009, 11:20:12 AM
Are you taking pictures with everyone, YOU SHOULD!!!

Add them here.

he don't take pictures, he said.

matt35mm

I don't like carrying cameras and I dint like stopping to take snapshots usually. Now that I have an iPhone (now that it's only $100), I can take pics and put them on facebook for friends and family. But I don't feel like I need pics for my memory. Um, but I guess I can start taking them with xixaxers.

Perenium Falcon, I plan to be in Columbus at the end of October, if that's fine. Maybe you can PM me the details and I'll see how I can make it work.

EDIT: I don't know why I wrote end of August earlier.  I definitely meant October.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

matt35mm

In a week!  I will be there from the 25th to the 27th (Sunday to Tuesday).  I will PM you my phone number.

matt35mm

UPDATE!

Right now I'm in Ozark, MO, staying with my sister and seeing all my nieces and nephews that I haven't seen for a long time.  It's wonderful!

So far, I've hit every place that I planned to hit and it's been great.  I've met up with Reinhold, Bonanzataz, Gamblour, Perenium Falcon, I Love a Magician, Walrus, and Neil, with whom I went to St. Louis to see Ghostboy and his wonderful film St. Nick.  Neil and I got to see him win the Best New Filmmaker award there!

I'll be coming down to Austin during Thanksgivingtime.  From the 25th to the 30th.  I want to meet up with Sleepless and RK!!

I should be in Albuquerque from the 3rd to the 7th of December or so, and I want to meet up with Stefen!!

I've had to cut the trip short due to lack of time and money, so I'm cutting out the going to Seattle and coming down the coast thing.  I'm just gonna go from Albuquerque through Arizona back to California.  I'm sure I will see Seattle and Portland and all that someday.

That's pretty much all I have time to update right now.  Meeting everybody has been great!  Y'all are awesome.  America's neato.

RegularKarate

Quote from: matt35mm on November 20, 2009, 05:25:57 PM
I'll be coming down to Austin during Thanksgivingtime.  From the 25th to the 30th.  I want to meet up with Sleepless and RK!!

Yikes!  I'm in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving... but I think I get back on the 29th so we should at least be able to grab a bite/drink/see a show or something.

Stefen

Right on, Matt. sounds like you'll be in my part of town on a Saturday or Sunday, which works perfectly for me since I work long hours Monday thru Friday. I can take you around Sat and Sun. We can go to Santa Fe and check out the galleries. That's always fun. my place is really small so I don't know if you can crash here, but if you don't find something else, I'm sure I can ask around. Keep me updated.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.