Online Films

Started by Tommy Both, January 13, 2003, 03:41:27 PM

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: redlumwww.r2ka.freeserve.co.uk/TRAILER.MOV

ouch! got killed...

Redlum, I have this on disk (saved it from yesterday).

Want me to put it up here, or did you remove it intentionally?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Tommy Both

thanks xixax for sharing my ideas, 'cause It musn't only be Talks here, we gotta need a place on the forum that's like a 'screeningroom' or whatever and then have discussions about each others films and stuff... :!: When I get my editing card working alright - in the next six months or so perhaps... - I'll put up some stuff too...

Redlum

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: redlumwww.r2ka.freeserve.co.uk/TRAILER.MOV

ouch! got killed...

Redlum, I have this on disk (saved it from yesterday).

Want me to put it up here, or did you remove it intentionally?

Sorry about that. I replaced it with a better quality version and forgot about case sensitive. Its now www.r2ka.freeserve.co.uk/TRAILER.mov

and the 56k version is now www.r2ka.freeserve.co.uk/TRAILER56k.MOV
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Tommy Both

Who's the old dude??

Redlum

You mean the character or the actor?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Tommy Both

the actor, I mean is it just some local, is it you, or a friend or your dad perhaps??  :P

life_boy

I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Redlum

Not me! I'm 18....although my dad does have a role in it :)
He's an actor from the theatre I occasionaly work at.
  -  George Lucas

Tommy Both

Okay... but one more thing: why did the titles come out so cheap??
'Cause that was the only 'annoying' aspect of your trailer.. for the rest it looked pretty 'promising' ... Did you write any scripts before this? Or shot some shorts?

Redlum

I'm not sure about the tiltes. To me the quality looks really shitty on all of it (apart from my master copy at 254mb). The titles though, must be something to do with the 'for web' compression.

This is my first script, film and trailer. I always wanted make films during school but I never had the facilities or the time. Now I've taken a gap year, I've got the ability to make films before I goto to uni...to make more.
  -  George Lucas

Xixax

That's cool, Red.

I myself am considering taking 1 day a week off just for my "hobby"... to write and maybe record some shorts.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Redlum

Quote from: XixaxThat's cool, Red.

I myself am considering taking 1 day a week off just for my "hobby"... to write and maybe record some shorts.

Good for you. Everybody should. Allow time to pursue creative ventures. As a civilisation we work too hard  :)
  -  George Lucas

Thecowgoooesmooo

i just finished my first short film about 2 weeks ago, doing post shit right now, as soon as we are done with editing ill let all you guyz see some amazing shit

chris

buck swope

last summer, my friend Tom and I had some script ideas and decided to make some short DV films

but before we actually got around to finishing the first script, we started experiementing with different locations and shit and before we knew it, we had some quality improv material that we turned into 2 goofy short films:  "3 Nights in June"  and "Awkward Conversations with Strangers"

i have a few web clips that i made while editing them at my university library - i know they are rough and ghetto as hell, but hopefully more people will come forward with their own shit after seeing these

from "3 Nights in June"

(80 KB - just a little flash text only trailer i made before i had digital video editing equipment at my disposal)

(8.84 mb - i ended up using the intro from the Shaft theme in this sequence - which is a buildup to us dropping in on this girl we haven't seen in 3 years in the middle of the night)

from "Awkward Conversations with Strangers"

(11.7 mb)

(5.27 mb)

now back to your regularly scheduled independant filmmaker thread...

bonanzataz

I have a question for Mr. Xixax. If we have files that are on our computers but no webspace, is there a way to send them over to you via AIM or ICQ or something? I have a bunch of little movies I'd love to have posted but don't want to send them in the mail as I don't have copies.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls