Wax

Started by jmj, April 11, 2003, 11:01:34 AM

jmj

So whatcha got in your collection?  What's your most prized record?
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i always look for weird funny shit, i mean i have cool shit like the beastie boys Pauls boutique on wax, but to me when i find a weird late 70's tom jones record to me that is what i am looking for, thats why i love my don ho christmas album.

ahh the soundtrack to berry gordys last dragon

jmj

Yes indeed...I have a Star Wars disco album
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

I have that album, its by Meco

in the late 70's everyone in la was on coke and coke and disco just went so good together

thats why i find these records so fasignating

elton john made a disco re make of johhny b good, that mistake could only be done in a cocaine induced hysteria

just think of all the hanger on's around him who told him this was a good idea , too bad they didnt document the whole recording session, ala Let it be

Sigur Rós

I have a album with French partymusic from the 70's. It contains american woman in a very cool version and a track that goes "1-2 cha cha cha 3-4 cha cha cha". I love that record! I've made love to it!   :-D

Quote from: Sigur RósI have a album with French partymusic from the 70's. It contains american woman in a very cool version and a track that goes "1-2 cha cha cha 3-4 cha cha cha". I love that record! I've made love to it!   :-D

the french made great fucking disco music, they really got that right.  i have some Serge Gainsbourg disco songs , what a dirty bastard that man was

RegularKarate

2001 Soundtrack
Cowboy Campfire Songs
Riot in the Rumpus Room (really got it for the cover, it's amazing... wish I had a scanner so I could share)
Bob Dylan: Blood on the Tracks
Jimi Hendrix: Electric Lady Land
Sisters of Mercy: Vision Thing
Bunch of Johnny Cash

Those are the ones worth mentioning off the top of my head... nothing too nutty..  I think I have a Gremlins record issued by Hardees still.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RegularKarateI think I have a Gremlins record issued by Hardees still.

Hell yeah.  I remember when I was little, I would beg my Mom to take me to Hardee's every week to get the new record and storybook.  I forgot about those.  That seems forever ago.

MacGuffin

I think I have some of those square records that came in the back of MAD magazine somewhere.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

My most prized CD, not record, are a Sigur Ros and Mogwai CDs that were limited to 1,000 copies each.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiDon't you mean that you wanked to it?

Damn, why can I be poetic? I just love that record!

mogwai show some love....We all want you to show love....love mogwai.... show love!!!  :cry:

Sigur Rós

Quote from: DirkMy most prized CD, not record, are a Sigur Ros and Mogwai CDs that were limited to 1,000 copies each.

oh? what's it called? Luvstory?

Dirk

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: DirkMy most prized CD, not record, are a Sigur Ros and Mogwai CDs that were limited to 1,000 copies each.

I actually meant a CD from each band. I know that Luvstory is not really a Sigur Ros and Mogwai collaboration. The Sigur Ros CD is the Rimur CD where the band plays with someone singing Icelandic poems and the Mogwai CD is the Travels in Constants EP.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: Sigur Rós

I actually meant a CD from each band. I know that Luvstory is not really a Sigur Ros and Mogwai collaboration. The Sigur Ros CD is the Rimur CD where the band plays with someone singing Icelandic poems and the Mogwai CD is the Travels in Constants EP.

Yeah, i've got the Sigur Rós-Record you are talking about...I'm not that mad about it. You should check out the soundtrack for Angels of The Universe. It's great!