PTA’s next project music

Started by Vile5, July 07, 2003, 05:01:55 PM

Vile5

Well i read the Join Broin interview and i was thinking about Radiohead  and PTA together too (ok, I know, that's just a probability) and i start to fancy about what kind of music or band's music i would like to listen in the next PTA project? i don't know you but i've got my list:

I would like (obviously) watch a scene with any Radiohead's song, maybe "Paranoid Android" or "Fake plastic trees" or whatever

I don't know if PTA likes electronic music but what about an initial scene with music from Depeche Mode????? Maybe "Personal Jesus" from 80's or "I feel loved" from Exciter or anyone from Songs of faith and devotion (this is a dark album but so, so, so beautiful)

And Fiona Apple?????? i don't know why PTA doesn't use anysong from his girlfriend, she's terrific!

Oh! And Blur? (i don't know why, but i've just thought that Guy Ritchie and Blur's music in the same movie would be great too)

And Beck? And Fatboy Slim? And Moby? And Prodigy?

Wow! I've got so much people in my mind, since Mozart to Chemical Brothers, what about you?
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Ernie

Well, he said it was an "adventure movie" so I'm going to doubt they'll be any radiohead...I don't know how their music would fit in an adventure movie...but I don't know, it is PTA after all...who does know?

Me, I'd love some more 80's stuff, that'd be cool...haven't really heard Depeche Mode specifically, I'll have to check them out. I'd like some Electric Light Orchestra, I love them...not too much though, I want some for my movies too.

Alethia

if he can possibly keep the todd rundgren to a dull roar, ill be happy, i have about 5 of his songs in mind for the project im working on at the moment

...does he mean an adventure film like say a "raiders of the lost ark"?  or maybe more along the lines of say a "lawrence of arabia" type adventure film.  either one would be cool.  i was there when he said that and couldnt quite understand what he meant by "adventure film".  so many things come to mind.

sexterossa

i would like to see a movie scored to entirely to PATTI SMITH.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

Pubrick

i'm just not gonna say anything.
under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

I love Depeche Mode... in fact they're my favorite band... i'd love to hear some DM in a PTA movie... but its very true that he hasn't tapped the resources of his girlfriend's music yet... and Fiona is definetly in the same vein as Aimee Mann/Michael Penn/Jon Brion... so why not? Of course he said he wants to do adventure, so maybe he'll get John Williams! Haha! PTA is a movie buff, after all... and he's been known to work in the past with people he's admired since he was a child (i.e. Burt Reynolds)... John Williams has done more adventure scores than I can count on all of my fingers and toes!

Nick

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: ebeamanWell, he said it was an "adventure movie" so I'm going to doubt they'll be any radiohead...I don't know how their music would fit in an adventure movie...but I don't know, it is PTA after all...who does know?

Me, I'd love some more 80's stuff, that'd be cool...haven't really heard Depeche Mode specifically, I'll have to check them out. I'd like some Electric Light Orchestra, I love them...not too much though, I want some for my movies too.

You probably know this, but ELO is on the Boogie Nights soundtrack.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Vile5

Quote from: ebeamanit is PTA after all...who does know?

Exactly! so anything could happen, even Radiohead in an adventure movie...

And yeah Nick, DM is one of my favorites too they are one of the best bands of the world and them and PTA in the same movie would be so so so so great!!  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

phil marlowe

pta needs to use more johnny rebel.

markums2k

I hope with all my being that PTA never uses a Radiohead song in anything ever.  And that's my opinion.  :roll:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: markums2kI hope with all my being that PTA never uses a Radiohead song in anything ever.  And that's my opinion.  :roll:

I hope he uses Tupac Amuru Shakur

RIP

ABKman18

I think PTA wants desperately to use Fiona's music and i think when the time is right he will.  He has a long career ahead of him and I think he is planning something special for fiona when the time comes.  Also, there have been rumors about an animated film with fiona as star.  I think when the time is right they will come together.

chainsmoking insomniac

I agree.  It's only a matter of time.  But with a duo like that, the sky is the fucking limit!  :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

moonshiner

paul thomas anderson appeals to hipsters while straying far from the hipster's music....that is hip
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Link

maybe he's a hipster doofus!