Mattress Man Commercial

Started by jonas, June 24, 2003, 08:39:55 PM

©brad

ahhhhh, i see. sum good editing trickery dun there.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Foo
Yeah... It doesnt make any sense... Why would the D&D matress man have matresses in his commercial.

Why would he have mattresses, stacked on top of a limo next to a semi truck? Not really an ideal commercial set up.

Now go out and wait in the car, your embarrassing everyone

jonas

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Yeah... It doesnt make any sense... Why would the D&D matress man have matresses in his commercial.

Why would he have mattresses, stacked on top of a limo next to a semi truck? Not really an ideal commercial set up.

I mean, why does he have an electric guitar? It's not even plugged in, he's not even playing it, nor is there any music in the commercial.

I think it's just supposed to be some parody of a cheesy local commercial. I never really questioned why that stuff was there.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

fulty

Quote from: mogwai'sHere's seven caps from the mattress commercial:
Thanks for the caps.

Looking at # 5:
It looks like the ground is raised, like a dome.
This could be where they put a cushion, then covered it and painted it to look like asphalt..!!
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Pozer

no, no. you're the one embarrassing yourself.
::throws keys to sauce who nods his head in agreement, says 'understood' then walks out the door::

BackUpOffMeFoo

Edit-
Duck Sauce knows what I originaly said. Ask him.
Serious?

Cecil

Edit-

what did he originally say?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: poser
no, no. you're the one embarrassing yourself.
::throws keys to sauce who nods his head in agreement, says 'understood' then walks out the door::

Who keeps the keys and instructs poser to go wait on the curb. Anybody who thinks its cool to shorten names doesnt deserve to wait in the car.

:wink:

Victor

Quote from: cecil b. demented

Edit-

what did he originally say?

yeah  :?:
are you gonna eat with us too?

sphinx

i've watched so many steve johnson match-move featurettes that i can spot one anywhere if i know that it's a visual effect.  looks like this one was pulled off in part with a high speed compositing reel which allows you to add/morph/change elements in a picture and see the results instantly.

Pubrick

Quote from: sphinxlooks like this one was pulled off in part with a high speed compositing reel which allows you to add/morph/change elements in a picture and see the results instantly.
that's what i said.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Duck Sauce, no wonder you like Leno.  You don't understand the basics of comedy...

It's not supposed to look accidental that he fell off the fucking truck, it's supposed to look accidental that he bounced off the mattresses and landed on the ground.

And of course it's fake...  Asside from the fact that it's been explained three or four times now in this thread,  do you people actually believe that PT was drunk enough during shooting to have PSH jump on a pile of unsupported mattresses lying on top of a car?  Sweet mother.

Alethia

well he did have mark wahlberg crash a corvette into a telephone pole - but i agree with you.

Alethia

Xixax

This thread is full of ignorant responses...

"Why did he have a guitar?"

"Why were there mattresses stacked on a limo?"

Shit, people. Don't you ever watch late night TV? Its chock full of meaningless goofy stuff like that. And the furniture store commercials are the worst offenders!

Although I admit to being fooled and voting for "real". Mainly because Phil asked "did you get it on film?" If he had said "video" then we'd have known that it was an act, but believe me - those cheap ass commercials are NOT shot on film.

It was cool to see the commercial, though, because it made the scene with Phil in the band's sound check make more sense. He's a wannabe musician, trying to make a buck.

Phil rocked that role.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]