Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

The Perineum Falcon

HBO sure is slackin' on these DVD, aren't they? Or is it just me? I want my season 2!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Jake_82

The Season 2 dvd was set to be released this holiday season, but then HBO were asses and decided they didn't want the competition from themselves since they were releasing a Sopranos season at the same time, so they're putting it off until some time next year (which doesn't make sense, beause the people who get up to season 2 when they release it won't have seen season 3 before season 4 comes on tv... argh)
your reality is at the end of your dream

Xixax

SFU is an amazing show, but I just don't think it stands up to repeated viewings. I could hardly sit through it a 2nd time. Never a third.

In fact, I think the only thing that HBO has that might stand up to repeated viewings would be some of their comedies. Larry Sanders was genius. Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty great, too.

And god, I hope they cancelled that crap "Mind of a Married Man"...

Oops... This should go in the HBO thread. Sorry to wander off like that.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

GodDamnImDaMan

oh my god...where has this thread been hiding?!?!?! This is what i get for not looking in any other threads other than "Idle Chatter."  I love this show!!! It's my favorite show on television...the fact that I have to wait a year to watch new episodes kills me...

My favorite season was Season 2, but Season one was classic...

Season 3 was also great, I can also see why many hate that season, it was more difficult to watch, but my god was it great...

I CANT WAIT for the season 2 DVD's to come out already!!!!

My favorite episode had to be The Christmas Episode of Season 2. With the biker funeral. IT was one of hte only episodes that ended on a happy note. Regaurdless, the show is great and I cant wait for it to keep spitting out newer and greater episodes.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Pubrick

the best one is from season 3 when claire confronts olivier for doing russel in the butt.
under the paving stones.

Jake_82

your reality is at the end of your dream

analogzombie

I remember when Six Feet Under premiered behind like the second or third season of Sopranos. I started watching it b/c it came on directly afterwards. Within 3 weeks it became my favorite an din my opinion is a better show than Sopranos. I do think it stands up to repeated viewings, it's just an amzingly beautifully done show about human relationships. Season 3 started off on a bad foot with me: guest stars, that annoying actress who plays Nate's wife, typical art school nonsense for Claire, but then it took all those things that started out as cliche and broke them. It's almost like Alan Ball was saying here are these conventional things we are going to add to the show and put the characters through and you think you know whats going to happen but just like real life these preconcieved notions you have are going to explode when reality sets in. The thrid season totally turned on a dime and has the show poised for an amazing new season. But like you, I WANT THOSE DVDS!!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

Warner have kindly sent over details on the second season of Six Feet Under which stars Richard Jenkins, Frances Conroy and Freddy Rodriguez. This five disc package will be available to own from the 8th June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $99.99:

4:3 Full Frame Presentations
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
Five Commentaries with Alan Ball, Writers & Directors
Episode Previews & Season One Recap
Featurette on the Final Two Episodes
English, French and Spanish Subtitles
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinThis five disc package will be available to own from the 8th June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $99.99:

damn....does best buy offer lay-a-way???

wasn't season one cheaper????upon release

thanks for the update.......

ElPandaRoyal

The show is on its third season around here and it must the be the most brilliantly written TV Show ever, man.
Si

GodDamnImDaMan

I love macguffin...

so much, that i might dwell in his anus yet again. For a 3rd time!!!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

I have 3 solid days in June marked off me calendar for back-to-back second season... the first set was so addictive. What an excellent show!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

xerxes

i've been waiting quite some time for the second season... it's a great show when alan ball doesn't write.

RegularKarate

Quote from: xerxesi've been waiting quite some time for the second season... it's a great show when alan ball doesn't write.

I think you're confused... he writes great episodes... he just directs them sometimes, and he's not very good at directing.