David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

Ernie

Quote from: bonanzatazwho was originally going to direct confederacy?

I'm not sure...maybe Soderbergh? I don't know, I'm just saying cause he's producing it and all. I know DGG was definitely not the first choice. He said he really had to fight and beg for it.

Cecil

where is your avatar, young man?

Ernie

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedwhere is your avatar, young man?

I'm probably going to be leaving for good soon and I'm all depressed. Everything just felt silly all of a sudden...the avatar, the freaking signature, I just didn't want to look at it all anymore. I have no chance with Robin Tunney, Zooey, or Audrey...I'm not cool enough to like a Leslie Gore song and I have no right to quote Stephen Frears at all...much less about Audrey Tautou. I was actually trying to un-register myself from the site completely. I might wait to do that till I know for sure that I'm going to leave. I've been going out of my way lately to go on this site trying to find computers to go on and I just don't think it's worth it anymore...I've become too much of a joke. I'm going to change and learn a little...then maybe come back in like 10 months to a year, if not more.

ono

What's wrong?

EDIT: Oh, I see.
Quote from: ebeamanI have no chance with Robin Tunney, Zooey, or Audrey...I'm not cool enough to like a Leslie Gore song and I have no right to quote Stephen Frears at all...much less about Audrey Tautou.
Heh, none of us do.  ;)  It's all in fun, though.  Hate to see ya leave, though, man.  I don't speak for everyone, but for me, your impassioned posts are always an inspiration.  Not just saying that because you need a pick-me-up or something, but because it's not said enough.

Ernie

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaWhat's wrong?

I had to move out of my mom's house and it's almost always really hard to get a hold of a computer and I just feel too silly and stupid...like I said, it's not worth me going way out of my way to find a computer. This was fun though.

I mentioned a possibility of me leaving awhile ago so I knew there was a chance but now that it looks like it may actually happen and it's weird. I don't want to turn this into a big whining tribute-to-me thread...I'd rather it was left as a DGG one if that's cool.

ono

I find it hard to believe you can't post at school.  Heh, back in '98 my school had two computers with the Internet in every classroom, and a library full of them.  And my school was the worst in a system that wasn't great to start with.  But I'll take your word for it if that's really the case.

Being a teenager is all about feeling silly and stupid.  It'll pass.  Then you get to feel silly and stupid as an adult.  Only a little less.

And fair enough about the whole DGG thing.  You should probably start another thread in Idle Chatter.

Sleuth

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI find it hard to believe you can't post at school.  Heh, back in '98 my school had two computers with the Internet in every classroom, and a library full of them.  And my school was the worst in a system that wasn't great to start with.

:shock: sounds rough
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: ebeamanTalk about DGG everybody...

i wonder what david gordon green would think about ebeaman leaving?  is it weird that in my head i pronounce it EEE-BUH-MAN.  like some sort of comic book character or somethign?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cecil

ono

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI find it hard to believe you can't post at school.  Heh, back in '98 my school had two computers with the Internet in every classroom, and a library full of them.  And my school was the worst in a system that wasn't great to start with.

:shock: sounds rough
Sarcasm duly noted.  ;)  Yeah, I'm talking about educational quality obviously, and not how much money they're willing to spend on computers to make our school seem smart.

And I pronounced it ee-be-a-man.  Don't know if that's right.  Bet DGG would do the same, though.  Yes, good old DGG.

Pubrick

ebee i wanna be sincere witchu when i say that this plan of urs to leave for a while and experience things and then come back is really the first mature step into good things. wish u all the best if and when u go through with it.
under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

Good luck buddy.  It's great that you've decided to step out into the world and experience all the great things life has to offer.  You'll thank yourself later on.  :)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pwaybloe

Quote from: ebeamanI just wish I could go back in time and be cooler and not talk about Zooey or Audrey or Robin or abstinence (especially abstinence! people were repulsed!) or any of that shit...especially my age, I should have never mentioned that...or my name. I got way too into myself. I wish they couldn't trace your IP address or whatever, I would come back with a different name and everything if I could. It's all just dumb. I never intended to have some little persona...but I did in the worst way. I'm the little naive teenager that knows nothing.

Well... I always thought your innocence and enthusiasm was part of your charm.  I, for one, wish you could stay that way.  I don't want you to come back and be like one of us.  It seems we've all got chips on our shoulder and no one wants to listen to one another and so on and so on.  I don't want you to be corrupted.  

Do I wish that you could live your life in a bubble?  Yes
Do I think you could live in our world staying pure?  No

Good luck, God bless.

Ernie

Quote from: PawbloeWell... I always thought your innocence and enthusiasm was part of your charm.  I, for one, wish you could stay that way.  I don't want you to come back and be like one of us.  It seems we've all got chips on our shoulder and no one wants to listen to one another and so on and so on.  I don't want you to be corrupted.  

Do I wish that you could live your life in a bubble?  Yes
Do I think you could live in our world staying pure?  No

Good luck, God bless.

Lol, wow, thanks a lot man. Glad to know that my little persona entertained at least one person. It never occured to me that any charm came out of it but I didn't think I ever annoyed people as much as I did P and oh, so many others around here.

But unfortunately, I am aspiring to learn at least a little more about life before I figure out how to get back on this site...so I might not be the same little kid when or rather IF I come back. It annoys too many people and entertains so few, plain and simple.

bonanzataz

ERIC BEAMAN I LOVE YOU AND YOUR STEAMING WILLY! DON'T GO!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls