favorite clash of the actors

Started by pete, August 09, 2006, 04:19:13 AM

pete

this may seem a bit corny for xixax, but I'm in a listy mood, and this thread is about your favorite clash of actors in a movie.  what duos or even trios, in your opinion, provide the most interesting/fun tension or rivalry when pitted against each other in a movie?

deniro vs. pacino in Heat.
will farrell vs. sasha bareon cohen in that new racing movie.
jackie chan vs. ken lo in drunken master 2.
herzog vs. the lochness monster.
asano tadanobu vs. beat takeshi in zatoichi.
jason schartzman vs. bill murray.

wow I can't seem to remember movies past 1994.  help me out.  or mock me.  WHATEVER.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

zoolander vs. hansel (zoolander)
neo vs. smith (matrix)
austin powers vs. doctor evil
travolta vs. cage (face off)
maverick vs. iceman (top gun)
lumbergh vs. peter (office space)
howard stern vs. pig vomit (private parts)

MacGuffin

Quote from: pete on August 09, 2006, 04:19:13 AMwow I can't seem to remember movies past 1994.  help me out.  or mock me.  WHATEVER.

Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef (and Eli Wallach) - For A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda and Jason Robards - Once Upon A Time In The West
Alan Ladd and Jack Palance - Shane
Robert Mitchum and Curt Jurgens - The Enemy Below
Bette Davis and Anne Baxter - All About Eve
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

Jennifer Connelly vs. Ben Kingsley- House of Sand and Fog

Tom Cruise vs. Philip Seymour Hoffman- M:III

Brad Pitt vs. Edward Norton- Fight Club (eventually)

Billy Bob Thorton vs. Dwight Yokam- Sling Blade (best EVER)

Robert Englund vs. whatever-dude-they-chose-to-play-Jason-though-everyone-knows-it-should-have-been-Kane-Hodder-  Freddy Vs. Jason

polkablues

Angelina Jolie vs. Elizabeth Mitchell - "Gia"
Susan Sarandon vs. Catherine Deneuve - "The Hunger"
Jennifer Tilly vs. Gina Gershon - "Bound"
Piper Perabo vs. Jessica Pare - "Lost and Delirious"
Piper Perabo vs. Lena Heady - "Imagine Me & You"
Piper Perabo vs. the bar - "Coyote Ugly"
My house, my rules, my coffee

samsong

joan crawford vs. mercedes mccambridge in johnny guitar
jamie foxx vs. tom cruise in collateral (i guess michael mann specializies in this sort of thing)
bogart vs. bacall in the first half (or third?) of to have and have not
balthazar/mouchette/any bressonain "protagonist" vs. the world/life

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls