franz ferdinand

Started by Rudie Obias, June 02, 2004, 06:07:25 PM

Rudie Obias

"take me out" = the summer dance hit of 2004!!!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pedro

did you just see it on mtv?

Rudie Obias

dude, i'm in clubz...  indie rock dance party (bang!)
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pwaybloe

I dare you not to use exclamation points.

Double dare.

anyone else heard this?

the guy who said that this mix is like slapping bright-orange lipstick and green eyeshadow on a naturally beautiful girl nailed it.
context, context, context.

mogwai

you're referring to the daft punk remix, right?

context, context, context.

kotte

This band's insane...they're great!

'The Dark Of The Matinee', seriously one of the best popsongs ever...

matt35mm

Great album, yes.  "This Fire" might be my personal favorite (just the most sing-alongable).  "Michael" is dead sexy, for anyone of any gender or sexual orientation--it's just hot.

hedwig

Quote from: cronopiothe guy who said that this mix is like slapping bright-orange lipstick and green eyeshadow on a naturally beautiful girl nailed it.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing? (Forgive me.)

Ravi

I bought the CD today and it is pretty good, but where's Love and Destroy?

godardian

Quote from: RaviI bought the CD today and it is pretty good, but where's Love and Destroy?

On the b-side of "Michael."

I thought this was very amusing (also posted on the Morrissey thread).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

I was playing Battletoads & Double Dragon the other day, and there's a song in like the 2nd level that sounds like Take Me Out
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

WHOAH!  I think I totally remember the Double Dragon music sounding like that.

I can kind of hear it playing in my head.

I wish I still had my nintendo

Sleuth

no, it's from Battletoads and Double Dragon on SNES
I like to hug dogs