MI:3

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:40:27 PM

MacGuffin

Mission: Impossible III: The draft is finally in at Paramount, whilst Philip Seymour Hoffman is apparently under consideration for one of the two villains. The previous female lead role of Leah has been scaled back to a small part in the film's opening segments.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Frank Darabont Writing Mission: Impossible 3?
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News

Ain't-It-Cool-News is reporting that Frank Darabont (The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption) is on board to write the script for Tom Cruise's third outing as Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible 3. If this is correct, Darabont will take over the task from Dean Georgaris (Paycheck), who was previously announced as the one penning the film.

Darabont co-wrote the upcoming Cruise action-thriller Collateral for DreamWorks. Paramount Pictures is aiming for a May 6, 2005 release date for "M:I-3," to be directed by Joe Carnahan (Narc).

Darabont recently turned in a draft for Indiana Jones 4 to Paramount which got Steven Spielberg's approval but not from George Lucas.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Mission: Impossible III
Source: Dark Horizons

On top of what looks to be Phil Seymour Hoffman playing the villain, the likes of both Scarlet Johanssen and Carrie-Ann Moss have apparently been contacted for two female roles in the film - that of 'Leah' and Ethan's love interest respectively.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Carrie-Anne Moss Accepts Third Mission
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

"The Matrix" trilogy star Carrie-Anne Moss has signed on to Mission: Impossible 3, which is aiming for an August start date, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Moss will take a leading role in the sequel, which will see Tom Cruise reprise his role as secret agent Ethan Hunt. His Paramount-based Cruise/Wagner Productions has recently been scouting locations in Ghana and Berlin.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

As much as I love The Matrix I dont really like her

©brad

Quote from: andyk (10)As much as I love The Matrix I dont really like her

i dont really like u so there.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: ©brad

I gotts say it, I like neither her or the Matrix

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance
Quote from: ©brad

I gotts say it, I like neither her or the Matrix

I like your honesty.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Branagh Takes on an Impossible Assignment
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Kenneth Branagh has joined Tom Cruise and Carrie-Anne Moss in Mission: Impossible 3 for C/W Prods. and Paramount Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Branagh, who appeared as Gilderoy Lockhart in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, has signed on for the action-adventure sequel, though details about his character are being kept under wraps. He may play a villain, but that's not confirmed.

The trade adds that further casting is under way on the sequel, which is due to go into production in late summer. Frank Darabont is writing for the third installment, which Joe Carnahan will direct.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson Takes on Mission: Impossible 3
Source: Variety

Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson has joined the cast of Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 3 for Paramount Pictures.

She is set to portray an ally of Cruise's Ethan Hunt character. Other cast members include Kenneth Branagh, Carrie-Anne Moss and Ving Rhames.

Narc director Joe Carnahan is helming "M:I 3," produced by Cruise and Paula Wagner via their Paramount-based C/W Productions with filming starting this summer for a May 2005 release.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

ooh this will be interesting

ProgWRX

IF the movie ends up like this :

Dir : Carnahan
Writer : Darabont

and the final full cast ends up including :  Branagh, Scarlett, Carry an moss, and phillip seymour hoffman ...

let me just say  :shock:  :shock:  drool
-Carlos

mogwai

M:I3's new mission is to fill the director's chair! Cue the Theme Music!!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here... Not sure what to make of this news. I don't know much about Carnahan (never did catch NARC, although I'm told it's pretty awesome), but I'm sure he would have done a good job. Who'll they for next? I hope it's someone who understands how to direct actors and can capture some subtlty in the characters that fan-boy fav. Frank Darabont has written. Still dig the hell out of this cast, though... I wouldn't be adverse to being introduced to Scarlett Johansson... Hrmmm... Scarlett... drooooollll. "Mission: Impossible 3" has a new mission: finding a replacement director for the blockbuster Tom Cruise franchise.

Joe Carnahan ("Narc") has dropped out of the director's seat because of "creative differences," the standard Hollywood explanation in such cases.

The film remains scheduled to begin shooting as planned next month in Berlin, said Rob Friedman, vice chairman of the Paramount Pictures Motion Picture Group.

Carnahan came on board to direct the latest sequel in the popular franchise in February 2003 after David Fincher exited the project in favor of "Lords of Dogtown," which Catherine Hardwicke is now directing. Carnahan won acclaim in 2002 for his violent cop thriller "Narc," on which Cruise served as an executive producer.

In "M-I:3," Cruise is set to reprise his role as secret agent Ethan Hunt, with Scarlett Johansson, Carrie-Anne Moss, Kenneth Branagh and Ving Rhames rounding out the cast. The 1996 original was directed by Brian De Palma, and the 2000 sequel by John Woo.

The news comes shortly after Paramount announced it was shifting the release date of the film by seven weeks, moving it from its original slot in the first week of May to June 29, 2005. Cruise returns to theaters Aug. 6 with Michael Mann's thriller "Collateral," co-starring Jamie Foxx .

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Z

©brad

oh what the hell, i'll direct the fucking thing.