Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Dirk

The tracklisting for the new album will be revealed on Monday and apparently, an early promo with 4 tracks has leaked and is spreading like wild fire (I think I may have found one of the tracks on Kazaa).

EDIT - ok, maybe not wild fire.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Duck Sauce

Anybody who has heard some of the tracks, does it sound similar to another RH album or is it a totally new and different feel?

Dirk

Quote from: Duck SauceAnybody who has heard some of the tracks, does it sound similar to another RH album or is it a totally new and different feel?

I've heard about 8 tracks, but they were live. They sound all over the place. Some resemble tracks from Kid A/Amnesiac and others sound more like stuff from the Bends. I seem to recall a member of Radiohead saying it resembled the Bends the most.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Pubrick

Quote from: Duck SauceAnybody who has heard some of the tracks, does it sound similar to another RH album or is it a totally new and different feel?
it feeeeeeels like,, it's hard to GT-ize it,. _|_ . feels like the future is as close as the past. in a beautiful place where time and space end. then,. its.. up to u how u feel about that.

i've been singin/humming/tapping/breakdancing There There all day.
under the paving stones.

Dirk

Sources are saying that the album will be called "Hail to the Thief"

Dirk

Official news:

Radiohead will release their sixth album 'Hail To The Thief' on
Parlophone on June 9.

This will be preceded by the single 'There There' on May 26.

'Hail To The Thief' features 14 tracks and was recorded in Oxfordshire
and Los Angeles. It was produced by Nigel Godrich and Radiohead, and
mixed by Nigel Godrich.

The track listing is:

2 + 2 = 5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Sail To The Moon.
Backdrifts.
Go To Sleep.
Where I End And You Begin.
We Suck Young Blood.
The Gloaming.
There There.
I Will.
A Punch-Up at a Wedding.
Myxamatosis.
Scatterbrain.
A Wolf At The Door.

Pubrick

i was really hoping I Froze Up and Lift would make the cut.

Radiohead temporarily become animated, and discuss their new album

Skinner: Only one question remains, gentlemen...what do we call it?

Nigel: How about,
"Handsome Homer Simpson Plus Two Plus Two Equals Five"?

Pubrick: I like it!

Thom: Wait, I do not.

Skinner: Er, um, we need a name that's witty at first, but seems less funny each time you hear it.

Thom: How about,
"Hail to the Thief"?

[Everyone laughs loud at first, then less, then stop completely]
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Since when were their album titles really that great in the first place
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiGood quest, what is a "Pablo Honey"?

Pablo Honey got its name as  reference to something from the Jerky Boys skit. Part of the skit is sampled right at the
end of "How Do You?" ("Hello? Pablo?" "Yeah?" "Pablo?" etc...)

...I actually don't know what the word means :?:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: tremoloslothSince when were their album titles really that great in the first place

I like OK Computer and KID A

Sleuth

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: mogwaiGood quest, what is a "Pablo Honey"?

Pablo Honey got its name as  reference to something from the Jerky Boys skit. Part of the skit is sampled right at the
end of "How Do You?" ("Hello? Pablo?" "Yeah?" "Pablo?" etc...)

...I actually don't know what the word means :?:

it's a name
I like to hug dogs

russiasusha

This is kind of old news and probably somewhere else on the board, but oh well.

The site says nothing about it being official or not, so use it as you please.

From greenplastic.com

Make a RH video!
Another Radiohead announcement:
We've got a plan.
We need your help.

We're looking for moving pictures.
Can you make moving pictures?

Time is short.
This is what you have to do.

1. Take one of the live MP3's of a Radiohead track.
2. Make some moving pictures to it (can be anything: live action, animation, graphics etc).
3. Make it at least 10 seconds and at most a song's length (although we prefer shorter).

OR... Have you already made a short film that would benefit from an airing?

Send your work to Radiohead at:

The Picture Gallery
w.a.s.te
PO box 322
Oxford
UK

by Monday 8th May 2003

Formats Required:
For short films / whole songs : VHS (PAL) (You will be contacted if we require higher quality masters)
For shorter animations, graphics: Quicktime (720 x 576 pixels) CODEC: Motion JPEG B (High Quality)

Please enclose with it your name and e-mail address/telephone number.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Ghostboy

Man, I wish they'd take DVD-Rs. It's so tough to get PAL VHS dubs...at least cheap ones. I'd be all over this otherwise. What an awesome opportunity.

sphinx

Duck Sauce

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: sphinxsent
Dang, I hope it's not the A Brief History of Time video.

That thing was amazing, do you have any other shorts I could look at?