Gravity

Started by modage, February 25, 2010, 05:50:17 PM

Lottery

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

©brad

See that's how you do a trailer. Cannot wait.

Kellen

I had completely forgotten about this.  I'm fucking psyched now.

Neil

Geez Louise, that trailer was intense. 
Roll on October indeed.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Sleepless

New still courtesy of Empire:

SB has never looked hotter.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Except for whatever the hell is going on with her face.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

wilder

Wow. No words. This is something new.

jenkins

first thought the camera moved as if the camera operator was in space like the other people, but then i stopped thinking that. i'm curious about their walls. suspect it was easy to give a wall the image of earth. i'm curious about the set, did it rotate. did the props rotate. how did the crane move. how do the cuts happen. you know, the effects. what did digital technology do here. $80million and that's not space, no. arizona and shepperton

i don't call it kubrick because he can figure out how to pretend space, but i like that he can. there will be videos. wanna see those videos, maybe more than i wanna see the movie. i'll see the movie too

ElPandaRoyal

So far these trailers have done nothing for me but cool my expectations, which can be a good thing. I don't know, but the first paragraph of what trashculturemutantjunkie wrote makes sense to me. I will watch this, but I won't be expecting greatness anymore.
Si

pete

really mad that it's now obvious that Spiegel im spiegel will be the soundtrack to this movie, and I won't be able to use it for whatever the fuck I'm working on now :(
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: wilderesque on July 24, 2013, 12:24:05 AM
This is something new.

the teasers are certainly original, but i still have very little idea of what this movie will be like in the the long form.

i am worried about bullock's involvement. she's a mark of a bad script (apart from her breakout role). if she's involved you know there must be something wrong with the story or logic of the film, it's like when halle berry signs up to a film, it's a red flag. i still don't know how the hell the latter got attached to Cloud Atlas. my guess is the film made no sense to her so she just went along with it, because that's usually what gets her attention, an incomprehensible script, but that time it was hard to understand cos it was GOOD.. not cos it was Catwoman.

i digress. clooney + cuaron is interesting to me.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Quote from: pete on July 24, 2013, 11:31:31 AM
really mad that it's now obvious that Spiegel im spiegel will be the soundtrack to this movie, and I won't be able to use it for whatever the fuck I'm working on now :(

Don't let that stop you! It was also used in the Zero Theorem trailer last week, and has been in pretty constant rotation amongst music supervisors ever since Gerry.

These trailers don't blow my mind either, but they've got me on the hook and I'm really excited to be overwhelmed by the experience of actually seeing the movie.

picolas

this is going to be the best thing ever even if it's terrible.

and yeah arvo part is like the new beethoven. expect to hear him in every movie for the next 100 years.