Soderbergh marries

Started by Holden Pike, May 14, 2003, 10:53:15 PM

Holden Pike

Last weekend, Soderbergh married girlfriend Jules Asner. Asner, a former model turned infotainment "reporter" all over the E! network (and Ed Asner's former daughter-in-Law), is sure easy on the eyes, but strikes me as pretty dumb. Well, not Anna Nicole dumb perhaps, but not bright either. I can totally understand why Soderbergh would have fun bangin' her (see picture below), but the step of marriage surprised me a bit. Oh, well.

I'm sure they'll be the next Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward: together forever.  :wink:
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

Pedro

She's fucking attractive

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

god is that the fucking prize or what, jules asner ::sigh:: she is  fucking beautiful

getting her beats winning the oscar anyday

Pozer

I need to become a famous director RIGHT NOW!

Duck Sauce

Who saw that match coming? Good for him. Hope she doesnt turn up in any of his movies

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

Way to go, Steven. Every filmmaker should have one of those on his arm.
Man!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

sphinx

i think this will end his making four movies a year every year streak.

Duck Sauce

Id like to change my statement a little.

Quote from: Duck SauceWho saw that match coming? Good for him. Hope she doesnt turn up in any of his movies...

Unless shes naked

Gold Trumpet

Congrats to the man, but its a little cliche of you guys to suspect every good looking girl has to be dumb. Who knows for this case.

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetits a little cliche of you guys to suspect every good looking girl has to be dumb.
only one person said that.

i'm sure the rest of us don't give a shit if she's smart or dumb, sex isn't long division.. hummuna hummuna.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Exactly. Beautifully said.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

*yawn*  

I'll wait 'til they hit Marilyn/Arthur territory to get excited.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Holden Pike

I said she seems dumb based on watching her many times on E! television. Not that you have to be a genius to host "Wild On", but on both "Revealed" and "E! News Daily", she seems about as bright as a rock.

I'd fu*k her, don't get me wrong. I just don't think I'd marry her.

You know, unless she asked me.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra